Medway test - Nov 07

Eleven Plus (11+) in Medway

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Post by Guest »

I don't get any of you, if honest.... If any help could be given to any parent would we not have taken it!?

Even with the help any child taking a later test, won't know the questions, or answers required.

A selfless deed is one in which another gives without thought, and even with thought I am more than willing to aid another, if honest.... Geez, life is difficult enough, and anyone who can hold their hands up and say they wouldn't have taken any help or information needed before the exam last Saturday, lies...
medwaymum

Post by medwaymum »

I think maybe you are looking at this the wrong way Guest. I do not think anyone here is saying they wouldn't have used this info; to the contrary we all know we would!

We are not trying to disadvantage anybody at all, not mislead them in any way - just trying to maintain the level playing field for all children. They have all worked very hard and deserve an equal chance.
reddebs

A fair test

Post by reddebs »

The problem is in a nutshell -
by making it known what is in/out of the test for those that will be taking it later than the main event is unfair.
With the benchmark for selection being set at 23% of the cohort then it is possible that those late takers will fall into the 23% as a result of this knowledge thus knocking out a fair entrant.
This said and I think we are all being honest in saying that if we were the fortunate ones to be privvy to this info we would of course use it to its best advantage, despite the repercussions.
There is no fair way to address this issue - asking the late entrants to sit a different test will not give an even playing field either as we have all expirenced 1 paper seeming that much easier/harder in the practice sessions.
jaycee

appeals

Post by jaycee »

Take heart,

My daughter failed last year, possibly the worst day of my life, probably not hers. All very stressful, but we appealed, and i have to say i took lots of advice about appeals including adding where I went to school, understanding the rigors of a grammar school etc etc and we got in. So its worth it in the end. My daughter loves her new school (Fort Pitt) this by the way was her first choice, as people often ask me this. Anyway she has done really well, just got level 6 in maths and this is what she failed on.

So if anyone fails always think it's worth it to appeal.
medwaymum

Post by medwaymum »

Thanks Jacee for your positive words of encouragement - they are well needed! :D :D

Re: appeals

Post by Guest »

jaycee wrote:My daughter failed last year, possibly the worst day of my life
:roll: