Waiting, waiting, waiting!

Eleven Plus (11+) in Yorkshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

mitasol

Re: Waiting, waiting, waiting!

Post by mitasol »

Hi Reasonl,

I'm really sorry to hear the news is not as hoped. I'm aware of offers in the 340's after allocation but I'm relying on posts on the forum and don't have all the historical data. If I had that score I would still include the school/s as you need to include them to be in with a chance of an offer. We really don't know how much difference early tests will have made.

You could also consider an appeal but they are notoriously difficult to win. If you are considering an appeal you need to have a look at the appeals information http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/appeals" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
help mum

Post by help mum »

Hi all

Late in the day posting as disappointed that she won't get in. She came 359 so well after the 310 cut off but above the 370 suitability. I rang the admissions centre and they advised that last year they allocate to 345 - so still quite a bit off. I'm still going to put both Halifax Grammar schools as top two options but very doubtful, it will be the high school for us.
Well done to everyone who got through you must be very proud. Even if your child didn't get in, bet you're proud anyway as I know I feel proud of her doing it in the first place.
yorkshiremum

Post by yorkshiremum »

Does anyone know what the chances are of getting a place with the ranking of 334? how many re-allocate every year? my poor DD really upset she hasn't got in. I dont want to give her any false hopes just incase it doesnt happen. Guess we need to concentrate on the local schools now :-(
annie321

Post by annie321 »

Yorkshiremum, chances are really good at 334 and I think that for the last couple of years at least, rank 334 has been offered a place straight out on allocation day. There's a good chance you won't even have to wait for re-allocation. Fingers crossed but I'd feel quietly confident! (You'll obviously have to name both grammar schools on the CAF).
yorkshiremum

Post by yorkshiremum »

Thank you, I'm wondering if the fact we can put 5 schools on our CAF this year will make a difference? Also do a lot of children sit the exam just for practice for other schools (I'm new to all this). It's been an terrible week :-(
mitasol

Post by mitasol »

I'm not sure if it is sat as a practice but some children sit Calderdale exams as a backup. As Annie has already said 334 was good enough in the previous test. I know the waiting is horrible but hang in there.
Butterfly

Post by Butterfly »

Yorkshiremum, my dd was ranked 338 last year and got into NHGS on reallocation in May this year. Initial allocation was up to 336. I think this year they reallocated to 343 or 347, so that should give some hope. After the initial reallocation I never told my dd that there was still a chance of reallocation so it was a lovely surprise when it happened. You have nothing to lose putting both GSs down. I will keep my fingers crossed for you.
yorkshiremum

Post by yorkshiremum »

phew sounds like there is still a small chance of a place :wink: What I am concerned about is the fact some children are yet to sit the exam (due to illness on the day) so this could effect the ranking, also is it normal for these children to sit the exam two months later??? I think this is very unfair on all the children who sat the test on the 6th October, the other children have an extra two months to prepare/tutor etc!!! :roll:
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now