ALTY GIRLS.....totally confused.

Eleven Plus (11+) in Trafford

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
lxy

Post by lxy »

Hi Tiddlymum:

Sorry I am not very clear at this point. but I think more than 360 is very confortable and should be OK. or can you just ring Altry and ask them directly? I do not think they will change alot. I personly think that they has a method to set a fix number in or out area, then set the children's results according to this method? maybe

the reason I contacted the LEAs is that last year my friend's son (out area) passed the test but was not offered a place just because his parents did not fill the application form. so I am extremly frightened by this.

do you apply online? if you apply online, and you will receive the final offer on line as well( 1 March), as I was advised by Stockport LEA. IT WILL BE MUCH more quicker that by post.
TIDDLYMUM

Post by TIDDLYMUM »

Thanks lxy, I might give them a little call.

What you have said sounds plausible enough re the Marks

I am going to do it online and yes I think you get an online offer.

If we decide to out as first choice (still waiting for St A) then need to think about how we will get him there etc etc. Which bit if Stockport are you from? We live in Heaton Moor. I know there is a bus from parrs wood. The train from Stockport is quick but only every hour :( at half seven!!! Bit early really!!!!
lxy

Post by lxy »

Hi Tid:

I live in Heaton Mersey and quite close to you. what I present plan is to drive my son to school directly, at least the first 2 years because I think he is not fit to travel by himself.

the good thing for online application is that you can always to change and resubbmit before the closing date( 12:00, 26th Octorber). I have changed 2 times so far.not for the ranking of the schools, just for small things.

one of my friends whose son in Altry last year (A level), they live in Burnage, each morning he drove his son to Stockport train station. Altry opens at 8:00 in the morning. by bus (370) needs longer time, this bus goes through Didsbury Road so not bad for both of us.

all the best!
TIDDLYMUM

Post by TIDDLYMUM »

Hi LXY

Yes we are close! Never seen any other children in the uniform round our way up to now.

Are you at Dids Road then? If so did many pass from there?

I am afraid that I work full time and frequently away- so cannot drive my son to school- he will have to get there under his own steam. He is sensible enough to do it though. Did you know the bus from Parrs Wood is an actual school bus which drops them at the school? As opposed to the 370 which is a public bus. If you dropped him at the stop you might worry less about him going on his own.

I have seen a few AGSB Boys getting the 7.30 train from Stockport when i have been travelling away.Its quite nice really because I saw a couple of older lads making sure the little ones were ok :D
lxy

Post by lxy »

Hi Tiddlymum:

Thank you so much for this information I do not know there is a bus in Parrs Wood! that is realy great!

My son is not in Didsbury Road school, he is in Beaver rd. as far as we know, there is only one other boy in my son's school sitted Altry test but we do not know his result. the children never disscuss this, only the parents!

there are at least 7 kids in my son's school sitted Sale. we are all waitting for Sale results.

just hope everybody is fine and our sons could be friends!
TIDDLYMUM

Post by TIDDLYMUM »

Yes the 706 travel master. Apparently its for girls the but boys get it as well. Drops at St Margarets Road (not the school as I thought) will check out where that it and whether they are near each other etc.

0735 from Parrs Wood gets in at 0827

leaves 15.40 getting in at 16.40

so there you go. well at least if they both end up there they will have someone to go on the bus with :D
overanxious

Post by overanxious »

Hi lxy - my daughter is at Beaver Road! I can never find anyone to talk to about exams! 2 girls she knows failed to get into Altrincham Girls, and there are 2 others that she doesn't want to ask, in case they've failed too and she upsets them.
TIDDLYMUM

Post by TIDDLYMUM »

Well there you go!

You two probably stand next to each other in the playground as well.

Thats another for the bus then!
lxy

Post by lxy »

Thanks Tid, I will check the bus in Parrs Wood, this is really helpful.

And overanxiuos, congratulation your DD pass the test! did she sit the Sale test? and 22nd Octorber, Sale post results, but Royal Mail will strike! nobody talking about this?

yes, my son told me thee is a boy sitted AGSB, he is very good because both them are in the same Math top group, although this two are not in the same class. I asked my son yesterday: have you asked him ? my son just said no!

anyway, hope our 3 can meet at the bus stop!
Zed 1

Post by Zed 1 »

:D
Last edited by Zed 1 on Tue Oct 29, 2013 11:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now