Boys results

Eleven Plus (11+) in Trafford

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Tillybob

Re: Boys results

Post by Tillybob »

I don't know about primary school notification however in terms of numbers sat, I think this is a smaller girl year than usual. I believe that loreto had less sit the exam than in the past according to my DD... A couple of others have also heard the same.

Unfortunately this means that for the boys the numbers have been higher, I heard Abgs had around 1100 but I don't know how many they usually have.
Tillybob

Post by Tillybob »

*AGSB* apologies I seem to have completely lost the ability to put letters in the correct order !
Time doesn't fly

Post by Time doesn't fly »

That's interesting. I do remember that when my dd started reception, there were quite a few places given to children from outside Trafford. In the last few years, numbers applying have gone up so it is now v difficult to get a place if you don't live close to the school, let alone out of Trafford. They did have equal boys and girls numbers though. Were we a low birth number year? I think those sitting to boys and girls grammars come from quite a distance sometimes, and for st Ambrose there are always a large no of non catholic boys who sit.
Brainfreeze

Post by Brainfreeze »

As far as I know, primary schools are not informed. My DS Y6 teacher didn't have any idea who passed and who didn't.
Mandy21

Post by Mandy21 »

Primary schools are not informed - we had to email school with our results last year.
workerbee

Post by workerbee »

News from The ABGS website is telling us that the exam results will be posted out on the 20th October (Thursday), which is a full 7 days later than many were expecting and achieved last year. Part of me thinks why are they sending their/our results out later than anyone else! Have they made a mistake and meant 13th instead! I can't believe 5 weeks isn't long enough to sort this out!

The torture continues for a further week longer than we thought. Sorry to be the bearer of bad tidings.
twinsgashead

Post by twinsgashead »

In the Ambrose Principal's newsletter (other son there already) a few weeks ago he said 580 children were taking the exam...
In Year 8 it feels half the boys are from out of Trafford but pretty much all from Catholic schools across Stockport, Warrington, Macclesfield etc.
workerbee

Post by workerbee »

Ambrose had their exam a full 7 days later than Alty boys and are sending out their results 5 days earlier. Alty are sending out results on the day they close for half term!!
Time doesn't fly

Post by Time doesn't fly »

Do you think they want to avoid all the phonecalls when parents get their results?!
580 for St Ambrose seems like a small number - I heard from a friend whose son was sitting it that there were 1000+ boys on the day. Maybe it just seemed like that number to her!
workerbee

Post by workerbee »

Yes, I think they have chosen "their" quieter half term week to field any calls which come their way. I can't say I blame them, but it adds pressure to the families who are patiently waiting and potentially some families who were looking forward to a half term holiday away even a weekend away will now potentially have this hanging over them, or living through it just as they were expecting a break.

I can't help but think it would be better if all schools posted the same day. For kids whose parents work it's become the week from **** as results all land on different days.

Still, when did schools worry about that ! :evil: