Dates for appeal

Eleven Plus (11+) in Wirral

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
marie

wirral grammar appeals

Post by marie »

AM

have you got date for appeal we have date for wirral girls appeal?

have you had any advice on how to / what to include in your appeal

how did you find out someone got in with score of 228 can you use this information in you appeal ?

u seem to have lots of info do u know what lowest score into west kirby was?

marie
wirral
Appeal Mum

Post by Appeal Mum »

AM

have you got date for appeal we have date for wirral girls appeal?

have you had any advice on how to / what to include in your appeal

how did you find out someone got in with score of 228 can you use this information in you appeal ?

u seem to have lots of info do u know what lowest score into west kirby was?

marie
wirral

Hi Marie,

Sorry I took so long to reply to you.

I have got a date now for WGG and I'm terribly nervous.

I know of 3 girls who got into WGG with scores of 228 via the Head Teachers appeal.

I have no idea what the lowest score into West Kirby Grammar was sorry.

With regards to if you should mention the lowest score to gain a place, my advice would be to not. However I do believe you can ask them questions "Do you happen to know what the lowest score to gain a place is?" Would sound a lot better than "I know children got in with a score of 228 why won't you take my child?" You have then brought to their attention something you wanted them to know, with the bonus of them informing you.
These are all the different things I have also thought of too.

To find out information I have had the LEA and Appeals dept on permanent redial (well not quite but I think it might feature on my friends and family this month.)
The rest of the info has been gained by some wonderful experienced people on this website.

If you have any questions ask Etienne on the Appeals thread she is absolutely fab.

With regard's to evidence, Have you got predicted SATs from school? Make sure it's on the schools headed paper! Can you get the head to write a letter recommending your daughter? I've been told Wirral schools have had a protocol not allowing this. Can you take in Books and school work? Any proof of any mitigating circumstances which may have affected your daughter? What was her score at the 11+? If it was just a few off you won't need as much in the way of mitigating circumstances.

I haven't been to appeal before and I have no idea what to expect, these are just things I have picked up from this site and I may have got them all wrong but if I have I'm sure someone will come along and put me straight. :wink:

If you want to PM me with any other questions I will do my best to help.
To PM you have to register its very quick and easy and you get no junk mail from this site.

I wish you all the luck in the world for your appeal.

Take care..

AM
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now