1st MARCH 2022 ALLOCATIONS Discussion Thread…

Eleven Plus (11+) in Wirral

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Shazbot79

Re: 1st MARCH 2022 ALLOCATIONS Discussion Thread…

Post by Shazbot79 »

warriorhel5000 wrote: - the home to school distance for the furthest allocated girl for West Kirby was 15.6 miles (we missed out by 0.4 mile). This was confirmed to me yesterday by Wirral Admissions.
Depending how they calculate distance we were really lucky to get a place this year :shock: we're Great Sutton
welshborders

Post by welshborders »

Hello NorthWalesMum, my daughter too passed her 11+ but she too has not been given a place due to distance. We live in Flintshire. Wirral said this has not happened before if they have passed. We can't believe it, feel very disappointed for my daughter. We are on the waiting list and going to appeal, although not holding out much hope. I wish you the best with your appeal.

Take care
Shazbot79

Post by Shazbot79 »

Just to add WKGS have sent out their data collection forms today to the girls offered places - the first question is checking that we are accepting the place.

Hopefully they will have a good idea of how many free spaces they will have soon fingers crossed for all of your girls
Hoolah29

Post by Hoolah29 »

Shazbot79 wrote:Just to add WKGS have sent out their data collection forms today to the girls offered places - the first question is checking that we are accepting the place.

Hopefully they will have a good idea of how many free spaces they will have soon fingers crossed for all of your girls

Is this the case for all schools do you know?

I thought you just had to accept the place via the school admissions portal?
Shazbot79

Post by Shazbot79 »

We're Cheshire so the portal automatically accepts your first choice anyway. When my eldest went to Wirral boys he also had to formally accept the place with the school too. I think some families wait on private places being confirmed before turning down grammar places
lizmcp

Post by lizmcp »

Knowsley automatically accepts too, so as soon as the email goes out, it is assumed you accept it unless you contact them to decline. The school will be in touch soon and I suppose at that point they may ask if we’re still taking the place.
MrsCh

Post by MrsCh »

We're on the waiting lists for WKGS and WGSGs.

Not sure how quickly waiting lists move but hopefully there will be some movement soon, as parents accept places elsewhere. I've had no reply but has anyone heard anything yet or been offered? Fingers crossed.
warriorhel5000

Post by warriorhel5000 »

Hi there, no movement at our end for West Kirby. I spoke to Wirral admissions last week and there had been no decline of places for West Kirby, I don't know about Wirral Grammar. That said I understand that there was no deadline set for acceptance/decline of places for West Kirby which is not entirely helpful. Admissions also advised they don't actually compile a waiting list until places become available in a given school so it's not possible to find out a waiting list position until this situation may happen. They also advised me a while back that they will not start to do reallocations until mid April. As you say hopefully there will start to be some movement across the schools. In the meantime if anyone knows of any declined places for the girls grammar schools let us know to give us hope! :)
MrsCh

Post by MrsCh »

Thank you warriorhel5000, it is surprising isn't it as I know I shouldn't compare but in other areas there seems to be quite a lot of movement up waiting lists.

We're in Chester, the Wirral side, so the school isn't really that far. We are appealing for WKGS as well, as that's really where A wants to go.

I don't think this has ever happened before as long as I can recall, or I wouldn't have even considered it! What can you do though, several DCs from our school and their parents in the same position. Maybe 2010/11 was a particularly high birth year.

Best wishes to all X
warriorhel5000

Post by warriorhel5000 »

Hi MrsCh yes I believe a high birth rate that year and there was also a high pass rate for the girls last autumn so this has put many girls in an unfortunate situation. Trying to keep some hope! :)
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now