Waiting

Eleven Plus (11+) in Surrey (Sutton, Kingston and Wandsworth)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Richmond_F

Re: Waiting

Post by Richmond_F »

surely they should have a pretty good idea if they will be able to send it out or not.... hmmmm
guess they just don't want to commit to anything. maybe they should measure themselves against the incredibly high standards they measure the girls as well as timing LOL
BerrylandsDad

Post by BerrylandsDad »

Three years ago Nonsuch results went out third Tuesday of October. I think that was true for the last two years as well.

Three years ago the email saying that DD1 had passed arrived at 3.30 PM

I'd forgotten how nerve-racking the wait is.
msg

Post by msg »

Received nonsuch/wallington email at 13:32. DD has passed :-)
GS Exams

Post by GS Exams »

msg wrote:Received nonsuch/wallington email at 13:32. DD has passed :-)
Congratulations to you and your DD msg.
Is it separate emails from Nonsuch and wallington or a combined one?
I am waiting for my DS's results and wondering if Wilsons and Sutton would send separate emails at different times?
msg

Post by msg »

Thank you GS Exams. It was a combined mail from Wallington & Nonsuch.
theknightrider

Post by theknightrider »

GS Exams wrote:
msg wrote:Received nonsuch/wallington email at 13:32. DD has passed :-)
Congratulations to you and your DD msg.
Is it separate emails from Nonsuch and wallington or a combined one?
I am waiting for my DS's results and wondering if Wilsons and Sutton would send separate emails at different times?
For boys I think you get two different mails from the two schools unlike the girls just one mail
streathammum

Post by streathammum »

Yes. The girls schools are a single trust with a single exam and a single score. The boys schools are separate schools and calculate their scores differently from each other, so it seems more likely they will send separate emails.
Marfa

Nonsuch Catchment queries !

Post by Marfa »

Wh
Last edited by Marfa on Fri Oct 19, 2018 9:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
streathammum

Post by streathammum »

Wow. My advice to you would be to find a school 50 miles closer to your home than Wallington or Nonsuch!

What score did your DD get? How sure are you that you would get a place? Moving for a borderline score would be very risky.

Both the schools have open places that don't depend on home address so you can move wherever and whenever you like and it won't affect your eligibility for those places. The schools also have catchment places but I imagine you will be too late to move into catchment now to qualify for one of these places.

What will you do about primary places? Do you have any other children who this move will affect?

My serious advice is to find a school closer to home.
hemamalav

Post by hemamalav »

streathammum wrote:Wow. My advice to you would be to find a school 50 miles closer to your home than Wallington or Nonsuch!

What score did your DD get? How sure are you that you would get a place? Moving for a borderline score would be very risky.

Both the schools have open places that don't depend on home address so you can move wherever and whenever you like and it won't affect your eligibility for those places. The schools also have catchment places but I imagine you will be too late to move into catchment now to qualify for one of these places.

What will you do about primary places? Do you have any other children who this move will affect?

My serious advice is to find a school closer to home.
Hi streathammum, is there no good primary school near NS or Wallington? I have a little one that would still be in primary school
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now