Nonsuch test results

Eleven Plus (11+) in Surrey (Sutton, Kingston and Wandsworth)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Stressypants

Post by Stressypants »

Letter still didn't arrive today so got the result from the school and am over the moon. Our DD got 254. I hope this is enough to be offered an 'out of catchment area' place. Still find it ridiculous that the school won't give you any indication. I note someone said that there are a lot of high marks out there so no doubt I shall still be stressing!
MrsWorry

Post by MrsWorry »

Forgive me as I am new to all of this! In my 'circle' the results have been the opposite - children achieving lower scores than expected. So a HUGE well done to the children who have scored well and hope this might be reassuring to their parents!
Giulio

Post by Giulio »

Hi Stressy

with 254 your DD must be in the top 50, I'd count on an place

congratulations :D
DIY Mum3

Post by DIY Mum3 »

Well done Stressypants, I don't think you need to worry. You may even want to consider a name change now to relaxypants??!
elevenp_parent

Post by elevenp_parent »

Our DD got 261 and using the link posted by Giulio, I can work out that our DD is definitely in top 80.
gemstone

Nonsuch test results

Post by gemstone »

Well done elevenp_parent. Can you please advise on a score of 244. We are in catchment. I'm thinking my DD should get a place in catchement with this score?
Giulio

Post by Giulio »

244 translate in a top 90, well in I would guess, even before considering cathment area and anybody that would go to different schools

well done :D
keepcalmandcarryon

Post by keepcalmandcarryon »

Well done everybody for those high scores. My DD still needs to take the 'big' test for Tiffins. Just out of interest I notice that elevenp_parent your daughter is sitting Kendrick too - have you a preference yet? Guilio - is your first preference Nonsuch? Other parents who are confident now of a place at Nonsuch will you be sitting for Tiffins too? I'm trying not to be nosey - just seeking re-assurance! All the people I know took Nonsuch as a practice for Tiffins but I realise depending on where you live you may have several choices but a definite preference for 1 above the other.
keepcalmandcarryon

Post by keepcalmandcarryon »

On another note for those wondering if their DD will be offered a place at Nonsuch look at the WCGS results thread. They are offereing 'guaranteed places' upto 200 on their list even though they only have 120 places. As someone usefully points out this is because they can look at what past behaviour has been which Nonsuch cannot do. However it does mean that if you are local and use the link Guilio added you can work out your approximate rank and judge accordingly! It must be remembered that there are 4 boys grammars rather than 3 girls and none of these have a catchment so this effects movement on waiting lists but I think it is still relevant.
Giulio

Post by Giulio »

keepcalmandcarryon wrote:Guilio - is your first preference Nonsuch?
First preference is Wallington, although Nonsuch would have been nice too.
Unfortunately DD scored only 218 (all that money wasted on the Prep, overcoaching and on the SUV for chaperoning, if you know what I mean :wink: ).
Within catchment that might just be enough, but out of catchement there is no chance. :cry:
Tiffin is too far

Giulio
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now