Wallington Grammar Results 2010

Eleven Plus (11+) in Surrey (Sutton, Kingston and Wandsworth)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

supermum2

Re: Wallington Grammar Results 2010

Post by supermum2 »

Hello the most feared happened. My ds failed the Wallington test by 9 marks ranking 601 out of1601 ish.

I was absolutely distraught as he was one of the ones who came out the exams stating that it was very easy.

When I got the break down of his scores I could not believe that his strongest subject Maths was the lowest score. He normally gets 80 - 90% on tests got level 5A in year 5, Obtained 74% on Sutton Mocks but did terrible in the Wallington test 64%

He is usually very over-confident as has had success academically and on the acting side of things, I feared that he was slightly arrogant before going oin.

The night before he did not sleep as he claimed to be too excited as he is extremely competitive. I am sharing this with you so that this can help any of you with a child who makes many silly mistakes and is often over confident.

This experience has has a positive outcome... how?I hear you ask!

He was sick for the Wilson test and was unable to take it so will be re sitting this sson. His attitude although not 100% turnaround, has improved. He now realises what rejection is, I know that it may be a hard pill to swallow but I am glad that he experienced it now than in March where there would be no chance as he would have sat all the exams.

All I can do now is hope that he focusses and reaches his actual potential on the future tests.

He really likes Tiffin and I think this experience has made him realise that this ulike other things is definately going to be a challenge.
All I need now is wings!
isamum

Re: Wallington Grammar Results 2010

Post by isamum »

we didn't sit Sutton Mock this year with my son, but did it 2 years ago for my daughter
she then scored near 87%, and subsequently got place art Wally girls

what that test showed us (and this is for taking it sooner than later) that her VR then was near 80% mark ,which needed improving

the problem is always improving on the last few % I think

my son passed WN this year, he found VR the hardest though

Hope your son passed Wilsons - letters out today :)
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now