Tiffin Test - second sitting

Eleven Plus (11+) in Surrey (Sutton, Kingston and Wandsworth)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Doblinski

Re: Tiffin Test - second sitting

Post by Doblinski »

Ha vnunny ditto'd you on the other thread! It's odd how coming in here and worrying about the exam makes it kind of worse but it's impossible to stop, it's like a mozzy bite :lol: When I get on with life n work days slip a little more quickly.
Bilu

Post by Bilu »

DD surprisingly found VR & NVR relatively easy, which is a bit of a worry! Managed to complete both in time with 5/10 minutes remaining, spent the time going over a few question which she had circled, and amended her answers. VR was marginally more difficult especially compound words section. She excelled in NVR in the past having attained 141 for the Slough test (Overall score 129). Her first two tests for Burnham & Langley failed to achieve the required cut-off and fell short by some 4/6 marks, and we put this down to nerves on the day. After some confidence building, she began to improve her approach and came out of the Tiffin tests beaming.

With a son who started the boy’s school last September as inspiration, and the poor results of Burnham & Langley, she became more determined and confident.

We found reading together regularly is confidence building and one of the best ways to improve VR results.

Best of luck to all DC for all the hard work they have put in.
supermum2

Post by supermum2 »

Oh no this post has raised my blood pressure!!!

My DS came out of the test saying that the NVR was the hardest that he had ever done, however he couldnt tell how hard it was as he was being extra careful and felt that he probably worked harder on this test. He stated that the compound words were different to what he was accustomed to. He finished each paper with a good 10 mins to spare and told me that he found himself daydreaming during the Verbal reasoning...arggghh can you believe!!

He said that he did his best and I was very happy with his positive attitude on leaving.

He appreciated gettig there early as he made a few frieds and took part in the puzzles and activities laid on for them.

He found the verbal reasoning consistent with the difficulty og the WALSH papers.

Good luck everyone, this count down is very nail biting!!!
All I need now is wings!
bagesh

Post by bagesh »

Good luck everyone.
While your memories are fresh, can you pls suggest best books for VR & NVR. supermum2 suggested Walsh in her previous post and I have heard abt this on other forums too. Which are the best books for NVR?
SunlampVexesEel

Post by SunlampVexesEel »

Doblinski wrote:Don't shoot the messenger but, does this mean the exam can be discussed now?
In previous years there have been candidates taking the exams on multiple dates... some very close to allocation/national offers...

So I wouldn't recommend it...

Regards
SVE
Animis opibusque parati
veryworriedmum

Post by veryworriedmum »

Hi Bagesh,

I would definitely recommend 2 books of NVR [ae tution] They are fantastic and would definitely be useful. Hope that helps

veryworriedmum
yoyo123

Post by yoyo123 »

I second that (I sent you the link in a pm some time ago bagesh).
bagesh

Post by bagesh »

Yes, thanks. I have that book in my list.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now