Buses from New Malden to Sutton - 213 advice need urgently

Eleven Plus (11+) in Surrey (Sutton, Kingston and Wandsworth)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
surreymum

Re: Buses from New Malden to Sutton - 213 advice need urgent

Post by surreymum »

The 213 is very regular and caught by loads of boys from New Malden to Sutton.
My sons friend leaves the house at 7 from Kingston. My ds reckons it takes 30-45mins after school to New Malden when he's done it (but notoriously vague.....)
I would agree trying it yourself is a good idea if you have doubts
BerrylandsDad

Post by BerrylandsDad »

Ah, that's great, surreymum, thanks.
WorryQueen

Post by WorryQueen »

Hi,

My DS has friends who catch the 213 from New Malden (slightly further than the station) and they get the bus at 7.15am. Apparently there are alot of boys who come from that area.

He has advised that they usually get to school at 8am. The reason they leave so early is because the roads get too busy later on and the journey would take longer.
BerrylandsDad

Post by BerrylandsDad »

Great, thanks, WorryQueen.

That's early, innit? Think train via W'don may be preferable, even if it does cost a few shekels.
surreymum

Post by surreymum »

Do remember though that the bus is probably very sociable-I remember wishing I had to catch the bus home with my friends when I lived in walking distance!
2outof3

Post by 2outof3 »

Hi Berrylandsdad

How will your son get to New Malden? If you are planning on driving him to New Malden, would it be possible to go a slightly different route and drop him to Worcester Park (round the back ways and not via the A3!) We are not far from you (depending where you are in Berrylands) and my DC get 213/131/613 or X26 from Worcester Park station into Cheam. We leave home just after 7.30 and they get on a bus between 7.40-7.45 and are generally at school by 8.10. If he can get to WPark, there are so many more options for the buses. We know other girls who live in Berrylands who get the 265 into New Malden and then get x26 or 213 but worcester park route is def better if possible.

The traffic really isn't that bad and its a very doable journey :D

PM me if you want any further info.
BerrylandsDad

Post by BerrylandsDad »

Thanks, 2outof3, PM sent. And excellent point about the social element, surreymum.

Now, excuse the really dozy question, but what time does the school day start at SGS? I can't actually find that info anywhere on their site. I sort of assume it'll be 8.45 to 3.30 or something, but assumptions have already been my undoing once on this whole thing (no, there isn't any bus from Tolworth tower to Sutton).
WorryQueen

Post by WorryQueen »

Hi,

The school day is 8.30 until 3.35pm!
BerrylandsDad

Post by BerrylandsDad »

Brilliant, thanks for that, WorryQueen.
EQchick

Post by EQchick »

Landing in here a month later ...

My son will be going to SG in September. We live nr Wimbledon, and thus the train from W'don is a viable option. He can get a bus, that's not a problem (and it's free), but I have been told that often the buses coming back are full, whereas the train is always available. My friend's son who is in yr 8, takes the train most days there and back. It costs her £28 a month. He usually gets a seat and does his homework on the way back.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now