Good Luck - Tiffins tests

Eleven Plus (11+) in Surrey (Sutton, Kingston and Wandsworth)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
tiffinboys

Re: Good Luck - Tiffins tests

Post by tiffinboys »

Who know what's in the Governors' mind?

They could be trying to attract those children who would normally be preparing for indies?

or they could be thinking of giving another chance to children who are not attracted by Tiffins so far or who didn't want to take many tests at this time?

or this could be their 'special treat' for demanding fair access to local children? Local children would have already taken the test considering 1700 sat for the test today and the early registeration dates were very well publicised and known. I think that the new registrants would mostly be from outer area.

or the son/daughter/nephew/niece of their dear friend may have missed the registration date and this might be the only way to accomodate them?

or they are bunch of really nice people and really felt the pain of those who didn't register in time? Will they do this again next year? Have they been so considerate in the previous years?

Who knows.
Last edited by tiffinboys on Thu Sep 27, 2012 3:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Please support Tiffin School’s Gym Appeal. Visit school’s website to donate.
Smile4

Post by Smile4 »

How does that work then? So my 10y1m son could have been 10y3m, had 10 weeks extra to prepare and still been standardised as an August baby?

Doesn't sound very fair.
trisca

Post by trisca »

There are more tests? Ridiculous. Can a mod delete my earlier comment? Not that it matters, no doubt anyone writing the test in the second batch will be filled in by friends and tutors as to what was on today's test.

How is it working if they don't write it until December? I thought the point was that they had to inform you of your result on this test before the October 31 application date.
trisca

Post by trisca »

he date of the second session Stage One tests will be Friday 30 November 2012.
Considering we only signed up dd for the test a couple of days before the deline I absolutely feel cheated. Her writing it on Nomber 30 wouldh ave doubled her preparation time!
stummyuk

Post by stummyuk »

What is the reasoning behind the extra date later in December? To get another x hundred of boys sit the exam on top of the already overwhelming number of 1700? As the others have said, how does standardisation work? How will they also provide a proper pass/fail prior to the CAF deadline? Too many questions.
Bestichka

Post by Bestichka »

I feel cheated now - as the dates were moved to September, my DS had to do extra preps during summer holidays - just to find out that if i were not so super-organised, he would have the benefit of 2.5 extra months of preparation!

And the Code? And the CAF deadline?? I'm very upset now. I hope my DS doesn't find out about the late sitting - he'll be very upset too.
suzanne

Post by suzanne »

Last edited by suzanne on Wed Nov 07, 2012 9:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tiffinboys

Post by tiffinboys »

Why don't all the parents write to the schools then?

I have posted to the governors of both the schools so many times that they would blackball my DC, if they could. And they think, that all these changes effect my DC alone. Otherwise, more than a handful would write to them.
Last edited by tiffinboys on Thu Sep 27, 2012 4:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Please support Tiffin School’s Gym Appeal. Visit school’s website to donate.
trisca

Post by trisca »

>If you look at the thread regarding the recent complaint regarding the introduction of the second stage testing the adjudicator ruled that not enough consultation was given.

The children are/were all in the same boat, so what does it matter?
suzanne

Post by suzanne »

I was just trying to think why the school would do this.

I sympathise entirely with everyone who sat the test today.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now