additional tiffins exam date

Eleven Plus (11+) in Surrey (Sutton, Kingston and Wandsworth)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
viv108

Re: additional tiffins exam date

Post by viv108 »

:-)
Last edited by viv108 on Fri Oct 10, 2014 10:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
dumbdad

Post by dumbdad »

You too. Fingers crossed for all.
Matrix

Post by Matrix »

Viv108 I can't see any merit in analysing it further. You will find out in 4 months time. Whatever the score is, as long as the child did their best then that is what matters. Worrying about it and going over mock scores after the exam is not going to do you any good. One could get extremely stressed and worked up about the whole thing but what good will it do?
tiffinboys

Post by tiffinboys »

Time to relax. Results will come in few days any way.
Mum@2

Post by Mum@2 »

This wait is worse than the preparation... :shock:
msmsmsms1

Post by msmsmsms1 »

Dear all
When are the Tiffin's results being posted?

Thank you. :shock:
tiffinboys

Post by tiffinboys »

Any day now. Office staff looked very busy today (unverified account). :wink: :wink:
msmsmsms1

Post by msmsmsms1 »

Thank you Tiffinboys.

.....assuming that my Ds didn't achieve the required pass mark for Sept/15 Y7 entrance; would he be allowed to apply for a place into y8/9/10 etc?
also has someone visited the new Kingston Academy school? any feedback is welcomed.
Thank you
xvj00

Post by xvj00 »

Hi,
Any news of Tiffin results?
Also, can anyone provide an empirical answer to the question of which order to place schools on the Surrey CC application? I have spoken to Surrey CC and have written (email) confirmation that the state schools do not see the order in which we place them on our application. In fact they are most insistent that the schools DO NOT see the applications. However I have plenty of anecdotal evidence to suggest that schools do and will look less favourably on applicants who place them anywhere other than 1st.
So, to clarify my question. If we put Heathside 1st and Tiffin 2nd and my son does get a high enough score in the Tiffin exam, will it count against him that we didn't put him first? Conversely if we put Tiffin 1st and Heathside 2nd, will that put his Heathside place at risk? In theory the answer should be that he would be offered a Tiffin place if he scores highly enough and is within catchment area and that he would still be offered a Heathside place based on proximity to the school, not placement on the application.

Also, what will the Tiffin results tell us? Does it confirm a place, or just provide a score with or without a pass mark?

Many thanks in advance for your thoughts,
Phil
Last edited by xvj00 on Mon Oct 20, 2014 2:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.
tiffinboys

Post by tiffinboys »

msmsmsms1 wrote:Thank you Tiffinboys.

.....assuming that my Ds didn't achieve the required pass mark for Sept/15 Y7 entrance; would he be allowed to apply for a place into y8/9/10 etc?
also has someone visited the new Kingston Academy school? any feedback is welcomed.
Thank you
As far as I know, Tiffin does not allow any one to re-apply if the DC has not achieved the cut-off score.
Re Kingston Academy, perhaps Youngsuccess would update us soon.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now