Nonsuch or Wallington ?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Surrey (Sutton, Kingston and Wandsworth)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Ladymuck

Re: Nonsuch or Wallington ?

Post by Ladymuck »

Deleted by user.
Last edited by Ladymuck on Sat Mar 21, 2015 3:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
whythis11plus

Post by whythis11plus »

Very well said Ladymuck.
That is also I am arguing with my friends why Tiffin Girls and HBS are consistently top the league tables. Of course they are great schools, but also they have best pupil in UK (no catchment). Now Tiffin Girls have the new designated area restriction so lets see how it impact the GCSE results when the first local batch take the exams.
tiffinboys

Post by tiffinboys »

After a point, league tables are of no use. IMO, there would hardly be a difference in children's ability in schools scoring 1000 to 1200 points. I also think that Nonsuch or Wallington will do as good as TGS in the exam results, but other factors (after school clubs, extra-curricular activities, lectures, and shorter journey) are also very important consideration while choosing the appropriate school for DC. Keep DC in mind and choose the best fit. I am also told that exam result wise the 'grammar section' (i.e the top set) of our local girls comprehensive has as good results as any grammar school. I do hope that these children are appropriately guided and helped for University admissions.
Nonsuchdad

Post by Nonsuchdad »

Can anybody advise, maybe parents of existing students of Nonsuch, if there are enough after school clubs/activities over the week, once school lessons are finished?
Gringo64

Post by Gringo64 »

You have probably already seen it, but there is an "extra curricular programme " on the Nonsuch web site.
Ela

Post by Ela »

Well on Tiffin Girls webpage there is an "extra curricular programme " but it really differs from reality...
Can anybody please tell how many languages girls have to learn at Nonsuch?
tiffinboys

Post by tiffinboys »

Well on Tiffin Girls webpage there is an "extra curricular programme " but it really differs from reality...
Ela, would love to know the reality; in particular do they have the debating club or regular lectures / presentations by external speakers?
Ela

Post by Ela »

I don't know about the debating club. Last year it ran for a term I think. There are clubs which run, but are not on the 'paper' and there clubs which are only on the paper and teachers pull funny faces when are asked about them :) Actually, I am going to ask tonight about some of those clubs. Again.
tiffinboys

Post by tiffinboys »

Is it open day or tour tonight? New parents day?
Ela

Post by Ela »

Parents evening.

We should keep on the topic though... Nonsuch, Wallington matters