Chances in Wallington and NonSuch

Eleven Plus (11+) in Surrey (Sutton, Kingston and Wandsworth)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Prepare01

Chances in Wallington and NonSuch

Post by Prepare01 »

Hi,

My DD is at level 5C in Reading, 4B+ in Writing and 5B in Mathematics in year 5. What are our chances for Wallington and NonSuch this year ? What level are kids who gets admitted in these schools?
YoungSuccess

Re: Chances in Wallington and NonSuch

Post by YoungSuccess »

Prepare01 wrote:Hi,
My DD is at level 5C in Reading, 4B+ in Writing and 5B in Mathematics in year 5. What are our chances for Wallington and NonSuch this year ? What level are kids who gets admitted in these schools?
One of the Sutton GS headteachers said children should have achieved Level 5s in year 5, so well done to your DD, even though Writing is not quite Level 5. Don't worry too much about it though, focus on what you are doing from now on, not much time left and at her levels, you really have to plan a very, very efficient and compact preparation during the holiday period. I say that because for my DC, the summer intensive preparation was very crucial, especially for speed. I took my DC away for a short holiday right at the start of the holiday and then really intensive preparation 4 weeks and went away for a week a the end of August. If you can, consider one of the 3 week summer intensive being offered in your area. Sept was practice, practice, practice.

I assume you have already been preparing her throughout her year 5? By last May at least, she should have covered the KS2 syllabus plus a bit more KS3 materials - the second round papers were really hard last year and I don't expect them to be any easier this year. I assume she has been doing timed practice papers - what scores has she been achieving under strict timed practice for both papers, round 1 and round 2 types? Did she do any of the mocks? If she did, what were her scores? ( You my PM them if you don't want to post them here ).