Surrey results

Eleven Plus (11+) in Surrey (Sutton, Kingston and Wandsworth)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
agathachristie

Re: Surrey results

Post by agathachristie »

allu wrote:Hi, My DD sat the SET but we haven't received any mail yet. :(
Really worried.
the emails are usually sent out in batches so give it some time. also check your spam box.
good luck
Starlight14

Post by Starlight14 »

We have had our email, DS has passed for Greenshaw and the second stage test at Wilsons and Sutton but has not met the required standard for Wallington. Perhaps they have a higher pass mark?
Ladymuck

Post by Ladymuck »

I guess Wallington aren't having a second round this year so have set the bar that bit higher.

At least with Wilson's in particular very little weighting is given to the SET result, so your son has a fresh chance to impress.
ajpshergill

Post by ajpshergill »

The results email has heading Selective Eligibility Test -Result(5)

Does anyone have an idea what the number stands for?
nervncalm

Post by nervncalm »

Got results for my DD. Met selective standard for Greenshaw and invited second round for Nonsuch & Wallington. Couple of questions -

1. The exact words are "XX has achieved a score in the Selective Eligibility that enables her to be considered for one of the 60 selective places available at Greenshaw High School". What does this mean, what are the oversubscription rules here> What I mean, assuming more than 60 students have met the score requirements, how will the places be offered - merit, catchment??

2. Any tips for the second round of tests, any idea on what is the format, does it include nvr, vr, maths, english, comprehension?

Any thoughts, help will be much appreciated.

Thanks,
sammyp

Post by sammyp »

Starlight14 wrote:We have had our email, DS has passed for Greenshaw and the second stage test at Wilsons and Sutton but has not met the required standard for Wallington. Perhaps they have a higher pass mark?
Perhaps he has not enough marks in Maths or English and very high in other. Headteacher came to my son's school and said they need minimum 80% in both. Not average.
newto11+

Post by newto11+ »

Level 6 reading papers are about comprehension,aren't they? I thought second stage test of wilson's and sutton grammar includes only essay writing in english section. So do we need to practise the comprehension as well?
madhureshm

Post by madhureshm »

Please also check 'spam' folder for results in case you have not receieved yet..
Thanks
oberoijasleen

Post by oberoijasleen »

Hello All,

Just received the email. DD met the selective standard for Greenshaw. Invited to second stage of Nonsuch and Wallington.

Will we get to know what marks we are going ahead with in the second stage or will that be mystery.

Thanks
Jas
LW2015

Post by LW2015 »

Hi

Does anyone know how many girls have been selected for second round for Wallington & Non-Such respectively?

Thanks