Confused between 2 schools

Eleven Plus (11+) in Surrey (Sutton, Kingston and Wandsworth)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
JoMum2005

Confused between 2 schools

Post by JoMum2005 »

My son has passed Berkshire schools and Sutton schools we are would like to fill our 1st option as Wilson in Sutton but we are confused between Wallington County Boys Grammar school in Sutton and Langely Grammar School in Slough. Though we live a bit closer to Slough as compared to Sutton but we are open to relocate. Will it be good idea to relocate for Wallington County Boys Grammar school in Sutton instead of Langely? We are hoping he gets in Wilson as it is his first choice, we were not able to attend the open day/evening at Wallington so a bit confused :?
Ladymuck

Re: Confused between 2 schools

Post by Ladymuck »

Are you having to relocate anyway? Surely you wouldn't relocate to a school you had never seen?!

Well Langley looks to be fully co-ed and WCGS is boys only until 6th form, so if your son preferred Wilson's then he might prefer WCGS over Langley. However I would say that building style at Wallington is older than a Wilson's so if he was attracted by modern buildings then that might be a factor. WCGS offers Latin for first 2 years, whereas Langley only offers one lesson per fortnight just for the 1st year. Not clear whether Langley teaches separate sciences from year 7, but it does have more ICT lesson than WCGS.

Bear in mind that most people won't be comparing schools this far apart. Do you know families at Langley?
JoMum2005

Re: Confused between 2 schools

Post by JoMum2005 »

Thanks Ladymuck for a quick reply...so glad to have this insight. Yeah I too feel my son would prefer WCGS, though he likes ICT as well. We know one family whose son attends Langley and one whose son goes to WCGS
from both it looks like they are similar type of schools, hence this confusion. But as we are anyways opting for Wilson as our first choice I guess we should keep to WCGS, even if that means we might have to relocate for WCGS alone. Will surely look into the subjects also now a bit deeper
Once again many thanks for your reply