Tiffin Boys results - please add comments here from the 1st

Eleven Plus (11+) in Surrey (Sutton, Kingston and Wandsworth)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
pii

Re: TIFFIN BOYS RESULTS - Please add comments here from the

Post by pii »

In April or early may we will be invited to the school in small groups (parents mostly from same area).This could have happened in March but due to easter coming early it has been pushed to April/may.There will be talk from the head and also the kids are given a tiffin key ring. Parents have the opportunity to meet other parents. After that on 6th july parents are invited in the evening. We get to know our DS's form tutor and other tutors. By end of july we get a list of parents (obviously who decided to share) emails and post codes etc. many of us then go on to have picnics etc in the summer months before they start the school.
Strix

Post by Strix »

That's all great stuff. But I was thinking it would be nice to meet people in the Twickenham area before these Tiffin organised events.

How do you know the smaller groups in April and early May (which are of course mentioned in the offer letter) are based on area of residence? I assumed they would be based on their form.
Peridot

Post by Peridot »

Strix I don't think I know you either, but do pm me if you want any more inside local knowledge!

If Tiffin works anything like the girls' school does they will group boys in forms geographically anyway. They didn't do that particularly in my son's year but that was a few years ago.

Large numbers of pupils from both Tiffin schools get on the train StMaggie mentions, at various stops, every day, so he'll have plenty of travelling companions.
hellosuzy

Re: Tiffin Boys results - please add comments here from the

Post by hellosuzy »

Hi, we have just declined our offer for our DS to go to TS and we know of one other who has too. So those on the waiting list, do not despair! Good luck to you all!
Starlight121

Post by Starlight121 »

Thanks hellosuzy!
ar123

Post by ar123 »

Any information about tiffin boys waiting list.....
confused11

Post by confused11 »

ar123 wrote:Any information about tiffin boys waiting list.....
I spoke to Tiffin's boys regarding waiting list yesterday. They have not yet got the information from the council regarding acceptances. They will be informed only next week. As the school is closed over the Easter break, we will hear only after the 11th of April. They did confirm that they have not written to anyone in the waiting list. So 2 more weeks of anxious wait. At least I will not be tempted to check my emails every 10 minutes. :wink:
Strix

Post by Strix »

Good luck to you both. The waiting must be dreadful. My sympathies.
tiffinboys

Post by tiffinboys »

confused11 wrote:
ar123 wrote:Any information about tiffin boys waiting list.....
I spoke to Tiffin's boys regarding waiting list yesterday. They have not yet got the information from the council regarding acceptances. They will be informed only next week. As the school is closed over the Easter break, we will hear only after the 11th of April. They did confirm that they have not written to anyone in the waiting list. So 2 more weeks of anxious wait. At least I will not be tempted to check my emails every 10 minutes. :wink:
Well, on the other thread is the news of a child getting place from wait list. Good Luck.
ar123

Post by ar123 »

Any news from tiffin boys waiting list.....
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now