tiffin girls' parentmail

Eleven Plus (11+) in Surrey (Sutton, Kingston and Wandsworth)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
bubbles123

tiffin girls' parentmail

Post by bubbles123 »

hi, I would be grateful if a tiffin girls' parent could shed some light.... I have already received the parentpay new login details but I haven't heard anything regarding new parentmail login details. Is this something we receive when the new term starts ? thanks !
tiffinboys

Re: tiffin girls' parentmail

Post by tiffinboys »

TGS parents seems to be on holidays.

From my experience at other school, I reckon that school will let you know how to create password for your parent mail account.

Also notification mail is sent on your email account, so often you don't really need to open parent mail account.

Hope this helps, until some TGS parent reply to your query.
Lady lala

Post by Lady lala »

Hi, I was just wondering, do the girls at TGS do all subjects in their individual form classes or do they get put in sets and get mixed up with the other classes? If so when does this happen? Maybe unlikely in Year 7?
Thanks
Sunshine_girls

Post by Sunshine_girls »

The recent email with July newsletter mentioned new yr 7 Parentmail accounts will be enabled in September. Assuming it will be set up by school.
Stroller

Post by Stroller »

Lady lala wrote:Hi, I was just wondering, do the girls at TGS do all subjects in their individual form classes or do they get put in sets and get mixed up with the other classes? If so when does this happen? Maybe unlikely in Year 7?
Thanks
Two years ago, the girls were set across a couple of classes for sport and music. The sport sets were only for sport. The music sets were used to determine the composition :wink: of "split groups" used for Art, DT and IT as well as music. It's a great way to mix the girls across the year group. It already feels like a long time ago though and the head teacher has changed, so I don't know whether that system continues.

Edited to explain the split groups
Last edited by Stroller on Sat Jul 29, 2017 10:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Buying online? Please support music at TGS. No cost to you. Fundraising makes a difference.

Tiffin Girls' School has a designated area; see the determined admission arrangements. Use the journey planner. Note the Admissions timetable and FAQs.
tiffinboys

Post by tiffinboys »

I don't have first hand infirmation.

My friends tell me that they have sets for Maths from year 8.

Year 7, they have sets for PE and a Music only. All other subjects taught in form group, until year 8. Then have split groups for most other subjects.
Lady lala

Post by Lady lala »

Many thanks for your replies. Much appreciated
Stroller

Post by Stroller »

tiffinboys wrote:I don't have first hand infirmation.

My friends tell me that they have sets for Maths from year 8.
True, my answer was about year 7.
tiffinboys wrote:Year 7, they have sets for PE and a Music only. All other subjects taught in form group, until year 8. Then have split groups for most other subjects.
Not sure I'm reading that properly, but DD knew her split group from early in Year 7 and they were in that split ('mixed with another class') group instead of their ('pure') form groups for Music, Art, DT and IT.

Edited to clarify
Last edited by Stroller on Sat Jul 29, 2017 10:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Buying online? Please support music at TGS. No cost to you. Fundraising makes a difference.

Tiffin Girls' School has a designated area; see the determined admission arrangements. Use the journey planner. Note the Admissions timetable and FAQs.
bubbles123

Post by bubbles123 »

thank you !
Stroller

Post by Stroller »

I hope your girls are all looking forward to their new school. DD still loves it. I updated the previous posts with more info about how the split groups worked for the girls who are going into year 9 in September 2017.

I've heard that the head teacher encouraged the 2017 starters to take advantage of after school activities instead of rushing home as soon as the bell rings. Good advice!

Even if you plan on chauffeuring or paying a coach, it's really important for your daughter to have a back-up travel plan, carry the travel card and be able to get to or from school / Kingston alone if necessary. Not giving her that independence is doing her a massive disservice.

Also, have a look at the school calendar online http://tiffin.school-app.co.uk/calendarlist.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - choose 'all' events - and put the dates in your diary. In particular, I highly recommend the PSA Quiz on Friday 6th October and the Christmas Craft Fair on Sunday 3rd December as a great way to meet other families and have lots of fun. Also the various concerts and drama productions - there are lots of things to attend and your daughter will get to know her classmates outside lessons and get far more out of her time at the school if you make an effort to engage with the community and support the school.

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now