Wilson’s School - 2018 outcome

Eleven Plus (11+) in Surrey (Sutton, Kingston and Wandsworth)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
schuetzsj

Re: Wilson’s School - 2018 outcome

Post by schuetzsj »

Not too bad, although today is not the day to ask that question!
sanpoolo

Post by sanpoolo »

My son got willison
First choice
totatoti

Post by totatoti »

My son got Wilson as his first choice. We are from Woking so will need to move.... not sure where yet.. many thanks Elevenplus for maintaining and providing really useful infor resources. Now I had more experience for my second son :)
NoraS

Post by NoraS »

My DS got his first choice at Tiffins. But since we have selected it first back in October circumstances for relocation changed and staying locally now we are after places at Wilsons, which was our 2nd choice. Currently residing in Carshalton, probably daily 1h bus travel to Kingston is too much for a kid.
What do you think about Wilsons waiting list, how soon we may hear about place at Wilsons, and if there is any chance for hoping to get a place there?
Comments/advices appreciated
Congrats to all parents and students who got needed results after a year or more hard work/studies
Nora
Moon unit

Post by Moon unit »

Wilson’s usually over offer so they may not get far into their waiting list ( I think they didn’t get to the waiting list at all last year).
All Sutton grammars are easy commutes from Carshalton so it would be worth putting you name on all the waiting lists if you don’t want him to have a horrible commute.
sandysingh

Post by sandysingh »

NoraS wrote:My DS got his first choice at Tiffins. But since we have selected it first back in October circumstances for relocation changed and staying locally now we are after places at Wilsons, which was our 2nd choice. Currently residing in Carshalton, probably daily 1h bus travel to Kingston is too much for a kid.
What do you think about Wilsons waiting list, how soon we may hear about place at Wilsons, and if there is any chance for hoping to get a place there?
Comments/advices appreciated
Congrats to all parents and students who got needed results after a year or more hard work/studies
Nora
Hi Nora,

I am not sure but make sure about waiting list before rejecting your DS place at Tiffins. You may not be go on waiting for lower preference schools as your DS got has already got first choice.

Best of luck
--SS
Hopefulgardener

Post by Hopefulgardener »

I’d contact the Wilson’s and ask. My son has received an offer at Tiffin (first choice) and we received a letter from Wilson’s (3rd choice) today telling us that we can join their list if we would like to.
Either way, I think you may need to accept your first choice in order to be added to a waiting list. Again, best confirm with the council/school.
CSB

Post by CSB »

We also got a letter from Wilson's today (our 2nd choice), reminding us why it's a great school and that our son is welcome to join the waiting list should he change his mind about 1st choice. I was a bit surprised by this and thought everything was done-and-dusted now that we'd accepted the Sutton Grammar place.
MontyUd

Post by MontyUd »

CSC and NoraS - Did either of you contact Wilson's and get clarification, if going on the waiting list for Wilson's would (or would not) automatically cancel the higher-in-CAF-order school already offered (and accepted by you) to your DS?
CSB

Post by CSB »

MontyUd wrote:CSC and NoraS - Did either of you contact Wilson's and get clarification, if going on the waiting list for Wilson's would (or would not) automatically cancel the higher-in-CAF-order school already offered (and accepted by you) to your DS?
I didn't contact the school for clarification, but my understanding is that going on a waiting list will not cancel any offer you have accepted already. If a place comes up and you are next on the list Wilson's will tell you and it's at that point you let your accepted place go, but I believe that cancelling an accepted place can only be initiated by the parents.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now