Tiffin Girls School-places based on admissions criteria

Eleven Plus (11+) in Surrey (Sutton, Kingston and Wandsworth)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
confusednewbie

Tiffin Girls School-places based on admissions criteria

Post by confusednewbie »

Hello

I’ve seen that a local school publishes their past few years, 3 years, of places awarded by the schools admissions criteria and wondered if TGS do this?

We are in the designated area but wondering how many places went to the Inner area in previous years?

Many thanks and good luck to everyone sitting the first test tomorrow.
sweetnhappy1

Re: Tiffin Girls School-places based on admissions criteria

Post by sweetnhappy1 »

confusednewbie wrote:Hello

I’ve seen that a local school publishes their past few years, 3 years, of places awarded by the schools admissions criteria and wondered if TGS do this?

We are in the designated area but wondering how many places went to the Inner area in previous years?

Many thanks and good luck to everyone sitting the first test tomorrow.

Hi! I don't know the answer but just wanted to say we're in the same position as you (in the designated area).

My interpretation of the determined admissions arrangement is (it might be wrong, just how I read it): they'll put rank all the girls based on the stage 2 results. The top 60 inner area girls will get offered a place. The next 120 places will go to the top 120 girls regardless of whether they are in the inner area or designated area. What is unclear is how many girls apply from the inner area vs designated area.

Best of luck to your DD for tomorrow!
confusednewbie

Post by confusednewbie »

Thanks Sweetnhappy

I can’t seem to find any info on this anywhere so much appreciated.

Hope your daughter found it ok yesterday too and good luck for the results.

I overheard one of the stewards yesterday say to someone else that we would know by the time the CAF forms need to be submitted. But the next exam is after that date so a bit confused by why.

Also overheard another parent say that only 400 go thru to the next round so is this correct? There were so many people yesterday for the morning session it seems a very small number relatively but I guess the final number is so small that it’s understandable.

I kind of feel that it will be what it will be but also trying to get my head around the process.

Thanks again and apologies for waffling.

Good luck to all the girls
streathammum

Post by streathammum »

All the girls who are invited to sit Stage 2 have "passed" for the school, so in that sense you know before the CAF deadline whether or not you can apply for the school.

You won't know your ranking until after the deadline, obviously, but in practical terms this is the same as it would be if you were applying to a school that didn't send ranking information at all (eg the boys' grammars in Sutton).

The admissions criteria say that only enough girls are invited to Stage 2 to enable the school to fill its PAN. Not sure how many girls are admitted in each year but 400 would seem about right because they need to allow for all the girls who will prioritise other state and private schools.
confusednewbie

Post by confusednewbie »

Thanks Streathammum.

That’s good to know and helps to understand the process.

Going to stop thinking about it now. Will worry about the next step if there is one in this process

Thanks again