2019 National Offer Day Countdown

Eleven Plus (11+) in Surrey (Sutton, Kingston and Wandsworth)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
4mykids

Re: 2019 National Offer Day Countdown

Post by 4mykids »

GS Exams

Post by GS Exams »

I guess today and tomorrow will be the longest day for all waiting parents. This morning I woke up earlier than usuall and found ds to be awake. He looked worried and found out he was thinking about the results tomorrow. Apparently everyone at school are discussing about it!!! I had to give a pep chat about how he has done his best and whatever the outcome maybe we are still very proud of all his hardwork and achievements. I tried to sound to him as though tomorrow means nothing, whereas I was terrified inside and it was so damn hard not to show that to him :(

Why cant they publish the results first thing in the morning tomorrow? I really would like to know the results first without having DS around!!!

Parents, just wondering if your DS/DD discussing about the results tomorrow to you? Are they as nervous as you?
Irisa

Post by Irisa »

It would seem that knowledge of the score for girls' school does not help much with anxiety, compared to boys schools situation where they just told you that your son had passed... along with 600 others.
Irisa

Post by Irisa »

GS Exams wrote:
Parents, just wondering if your DS/DD discussing about the results tomorrow to you? Are they as nervous as you?
I had to reassure my child that we had sent the CAF... now I am tempted to double check.

I also have to answer the question about discussing this at school next Monday. My advice was to answer when asked but not to start asking others about the school they got. If they want to, they'd tell anyway.
anonymparent

Post by anonymparent »

GS Exams wrote:
I think my son has completely forgotten about the school allocation coming tomorrow. This might be due to the fact that we are in a borough which does not have any grammar school and only a handful of his year group have appeared in any elevenplus, hence no discussion at school.
Golgo13

Post by Golgo13 »

Waiting for 5pm Friday is a drag [why not first thing? Why not today? why not last week?] but I guess it will be good to have a weekend for all the kids to digest and for families to be comfortable with.

Can you imagine if the results did come out in the morning/during the day...that could be a horrible day at school for kids still trying to absorb sub-optimum news...some kids knowing, others not...some getting good news texts, others trying to interpret what no text message means...
GS Exams

Post by GS Exams »

Irisa wrote:It would seem that knowledge of the score for girls' school does not help much with anxiety, compared to boys schools situation where they just told you that your son had passed... along with 600 others.
Totally unaware of where DS stands along with 600 others is too much, feel that we are being kept at dark having no idea of the prospects. If at all I knew the scores would probably have an idea about the possibility based on the statistics and will be in a position to prepare DS and it also helps to make some decisions on private options too. I appreciate that the boys schools do not want their boys to come with a preset of where they stand wrt to the rank and all, but there should certainly be a better way.
GS Exams

Post by GS Exams »

Irisa wrote:
GS Exams wrote:
I had to reassure my child that we had sent the CAF... now I am tempted to double check.

I also have to answer the question about discussing this at school next Monday. My advice was to answer when asked but not to start asking others about the school they got. If they want to, they'd tell anyway.
I now went and checked after this message and yes I have submitted... phew am going crazy!!!!
GS Exams

Post by GS Exams »

anonymparent wrote:
GS Exams wrote:
I think my son has completely forgotten about the school allocation coming tomorrow. This might be due to the fact that we are in a borough which does not have any grammar school and only a handful of his year group have appeared in any elevenplus, hence no discussion at school.
That is the ideal situation, I hadn't mentioned a word to DS but there is no way he wouldn't know with the kids at school discussing!
GS Exams

Post by GS Exams »

Golgo13 wrote:Waiting for 5pm Friday is a drag [why not first thing? Why not today? why not last week?] but I guess it will be good to have a weekend for all the kids to digest and for families to be comfortable with.

Can you imagine if the results did come out in the morning/during the day...that could be a horrible day at school for kids still trying to absorb sub-optimum news...some kids knowing, others not...some getting good news texts, others trying to interpret what no text message means...
Yeah, may be not first thing in the morning. But during the day when kids are at school is what I would have preferred!
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now