Sutton stage 1 over...

Eleven Plus (11+) in Surrey (Sutton, Kingston and Wandsworth)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Hab

Re: Sutton stage 1 over...

Post by Hab »

My son said Math was easier than English. He is equally good in both.
trycatchthat

Post by trycatchthat »

BabaPabz wrote:Mine did a few of the *** maths. When he came out yesterday he said the harder questions were similar to *** and even one question was almost the same. He thought the maths test was generally easier than ***. Good luck for next year.
Thanks! Gosh - these *** papers are expensive. Do they all mostly follow the same pattern?
Recommendations by pm.only please
Hyksos

Post by Hyksos »

I wonder if anyone knew how many sat for the SETS 2019 first stage?
Hab

Post by Hab »

Yes pattern is same in every paper but with different questions..
BabaPabz

Post by BabaPabz »

yes they take the same pattern but vary ever so slightly. The timing constraint remains though. After doing a few the kids just learn how to deal with questions e.g. when to skip and move on. A good adult/tutor advice on the fastest way to answer is needed to see any continual improvement.
Yes, they are expensive. My advice is reserve them, only let you child try once they have learn all the content of the syllabus.
Oneoftwothings

Post by Oneoftwothings »

Hyksos wrote:I wonder if anyone knew how many sat for the SETS 2019 first stage?
Approx 6500 registered to sit the tests.
Starlight14

Post by Starlight14 »

I have the same concerns too but only time will tell now!

My DD finished both papers on time and managed to check over them which has not happened at all during practice tests so I am concerned she did not read the questions properly.

The other children we know who took the test also commented they finished on time and found it easier than expected but all that means if many of them did it find it easier is that the pass mark for being selected for the second right will be higher surely?
elevenpraforum

Post by elevenpraforum »

does the pass mark (for stage 1) differ for boys and girls?
Oneoftwothings

Post by Oneoftwothings »

elevenpraforum wrote:does the pass mark (for stage 1) differ for boys and girls?
I’m pretty sure that I’ve seen in previous years they have passed around 35% of boys and 40% of girls. This probably works out as the same number as more boys usually take the first test. So yes, in a way, the pass mark may be different as boys and girls will be looked at independently of each other to find the top 35%/40% of each.
Ardain

Post by Ardain »

Can someone please clarify the info on approx 6,500 children sitting Sutton SET this year. Parents at school had a figure of over 7k last year and close to 8k this year?? I am so confused as have no idea where to find the most accurate information :?

Also is there a reason why they pass less boys even though more sit the exam than girls?

Thank you in advance for the advice
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now