ALLOCATIONS TIFFIN BOYS 1st March 2022

Eleven Plus (11+) in Surrey (Sutton, Kingston and Wandsworth)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
BabaPabz

Re: ALLOCATIONS TIFFIN BOYS 1st March 2022

Post by BabaPabz »

There are 77 boys scores from 101 to 103 this year.
That's interesting. Can i ask how you find out this information please.
It is very useful to know.
Eeek!

Post by Eeek! »

Ami11+ wrote:DS scored 98 and is in the waiting list. Any idea of how many kids could be between 98 and 103 this year. I found an earlier thread where people have tracked the scores and the waitlist number.
Good idea. Though, I suspect there will be lots of boys with the same score. We don't know our position on the waitlist yet, but perhaps everyone on WL could add their position below in order and we can build up a picture?

Poster - Score - WL Position
Eeek! -------102--- tbc
chri1143 ---100----tbc
Ami11+ -----98----tbc
cl_mom888

Post by cl_mom888 »

My son score 100, he has special needs, Tiffin is trying to put my son off the school! On 2nd March they did not reveal his score and said my son's score is significantly low and advice us don't bother to put him on waiting list! We put their school as 1st preference, they have to let us know my son's score! So we chasing and request for his score. Finally 6 days later, Tiffin's deputy head emailed me my son's score (100), and there are 77 boys higher score than my son! I feel so unfair, they even never mention this year cut off score! I only found out the cut off score from this forum. Only 3 scores from cut off, I think there is a chance, but not sure if we still want our son to go there anymore! Since they never want my son from very beginning!
mrnepal

Post by mrnepal »

score 101 - 7.187 m. away from the TB school
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

cl_mom888 wrote:My son score 100, he has special needs, Tiffin is trying to put my son off the school! On 2nd March they did not reveal his score and said my son's score is significantly low and advice us don't bother to put him on waiting list! We put their school as 1st preference, they have to let us know my son's score! So we chasing and request for his score. Finally 6 days later, Tiffin's deputy head emailed me my son's score (100), and there are 77 boys higher score than my son! I feel so unfair, they even never mention this year cut off score! I only found out the cut off score from this forum. Only 3 scores from cut off, I think there is a chance, but not sure if we still want our son to go there anymore! Since they never want my son from very beginning!
I am sorry to hear that you have struggled getting prompt info from the school, I suspect they have been busy assembling the lists etc - I was just looking at the Tiffin Boys Waiting list movement for last year - looks to me like it moved 26 places by the beginning of September ( - have a look at this thread here https://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum ... 10#p761082" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
EVRuby

Post by EVRuby »

cl_mom888 wrote:My son score 100, he has special needs, Tiffin is trying to put my son off the school! On 2nd March they did not reveal his score and said my son's score is significantly low and advice us don't bother to put him on waiting list! We put their school as 1st preference, they have to let us know my son's score! So we chasing and request for his score. Finally 6 days later, Tiffin's deputy head emailed me my son's score (100), and there are 77 boys higher score than my son! I feel so unfair, they even never mention this year cut off score! I only found out the cut off score from this forum. Only 3 scores from cut off, I think there is a chance, but not sure if we still want our son to go there anymore! Since they never want my son from very beginning!

This sounds very stressful for you. If your son has special needs and an EHCP, did he go through the separate SEN process? Can you contact your caseworker at Achieving for Children (or your local authority) to discuss it? It might explain why the information you were given was different from the usual letters that go out (in past years I think they've sent out two kinds of letter 'you are at the top of our waiting list, we will contact you after Easter when we will be very likely to be able to offer your place' or b) here is your score and the cut off score is 103 - not sure if the letters are the same this year). A score of 100 is the most common score, so there will be a lot of children with the same score as your son and if you live quite a distance away 77 might be too many children above your son on the list. I've read that the school can be quite frank about whether they think there will be enough movement on the waiting list... but it does surprise me that they would try and put your son off due to special needs. Think it is definitely a good idea to discuss it with your caseworker if you can. Do stay on the list and cross your fingers, I hope it works out.
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

Does he have an EHCP? If so, which school is named on it?
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
mrnepal

Post by mrnepal »

Can anyone tell me when the waiting list will be published?
EVRuby

Post by EVRuby »

Last year there was a bunch of initial offers on the 26th March and then it went to the waiting list around the 16th April.

Hope that helps...
Otter333

Post by Otter333 »

Out of interest, for all of those who got through to the second round, or even secured a place, are your children working greater depth for maths, reading and writing?