ALLOCATIONS SUTTON,WALLINGTON (B), WILSONS 1.3.2022

Eleven Plus (11+) in Surrey (Sutton, Kingston and Wandsworth)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
vpparent2014

Re: ALLOCATIONS SUTTON,WALLINGTON (B), WILSONS 1.3.2022

Post by vpparent2014 »

How to contact LEA Sutton? is it through Sutton Council?
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

vpparent2014 wrote:How to contact LEA Sutton? is it through Sutton Council?
Yes.

In the first instance, though, contact your home LA to check what information they received re your DS's ranking for each school and to get them to confirm that your offered school was the highest preference for which he qualified. If Sutton (the maintaining LA for Wilson's) and Barnet (the maintaining LA for QE both indicated that a place could be offered and those were your ranked preferences 1 and 2, in that order, then you should have been offered Wilson's.

I agree with the supposition that he wasn't ranked highly enough for a place at Wilson's and that whether or not his name was added automatically to the waiting list as of the initial allocation, the school is now confirming that that is what you want. This is assuming that the school is already responsible for maintaining its own waiting list at this stage - if Sutton is responsible (e.g. in Essex, where all secondary schools are academies, the County Council still maintains the waiting list for all schools until the end of August), then it is up to them to sort out who wants to be on waiting lists, not the school.
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
Oneoftwothings

Post by Oneoftwothings »

My best guess is that his score was just below the March cutoff but higher than the score they know it's likely to go to including waiting list offers. And maybe being in a different LEA complicates things so they are making sure they have everybody with scores close to cutoff on the waiting list who want to be there. As I say, just my best guess!
vpparent2014

Post by vpparent2014 »

Thank you "Toadmum" and "Oneoftwothings"
rala

Post by rala »

HI vpparent2014, Hope your son got a place Wilsons?