The Happiest Days of our Lives?

Independent Schools as an alternative to Grammar

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
moose

Post by moose »

Wouldn't it be sad for our children if they believed that their time in school was the best time of their lives. And only downhill from then on...
moved

Post by moved »

T.i.p.s.y wrote:Then we have children and remember how helpless we felt not having a voice and steam in at every opportunity to any perceived injustice our darlings are facing! :oops: :lol:
Not that our children appreciate it. I told a child off for being rude to my DD the other day. My DD was mortified.
KB

Post by KB »

Sadly the pressure of constant exams has removed much of the pleasure from latter school years & intrdoduction of the A* is going to make it worse.
Yes its good for able teenagers to be stretched academically but not put under so much pressure they can't enjoy the last months of 'childhood'.
FirstTimeBuyer

Post by FirstTimeBuyer »

moose wrote:Wouldn't it be sad for our children if they believed that their time in school was the best time of their lives. And only downhill from then on...
Totally agree.
Entirely personal, but.....
Primary school was a bore
Secondary school was better (more interesting academically), but mutual loathing with PE teacher, and keeping (relatively tame, low-intensity) bullies off my back by assisting with classwork.
University was largely interesting, and great fun on an "extra-curricular" basis.
However it has been real Life that has provided the great highs (and lows). :)
Exams are formidable for the best prepared. The greatest fool may ask what the wisest man cannot answer.
SunlampVexesEel

Post by SunlampVexesEel »

... I'm looking forward to having done the 11+ thing with all 3 DC.
Animis opibusque parati
KB

Post by KB »

there's always another challenge round the corner :wink:
yoyo123

Post by yoyo123 »

my PE lessons were invaluable to me..

I now know every excuse there is to try and avoid them
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now