That's super news Kitkat!
sherry_d

Post by sherry_d »

CONGRATULATIONS

and Big well done to your DS
East lancs mumof4

Post by East lancs mumof4 »

Congratulations and well done Kitkat and little Kitkat, super news :D
Who said children became easier when they grew older?
Nathair

Post by Nathair »

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
[img]http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/4;10100;430/st/20100902/e/DD+Starts+Senior+School/dt/5/k/bbdb/event.png[/img]
splishy

Post by splishy »

Fab news. He'll love it - it's an excellent school!
lastminute

Post by lastminute »

DS got a place at St Albans boys despite last minute application and very minimal preparation!

Now looking for any views on St Albans boys and whether we should take it.
Virtually sure it is the best option for him as the local comp, the alternative, while good won't 'push' him enough. He is pleased to get in and is now comfortable with leaving all his friends. He is very sporty, bright, keen to learn - we're trying to get comfy with fee paying!

Any cons let me know as I would prefer to know the worst before we sign up, :wink:
splishy

Post by splishy »

If your DS is sporty then he will be in his element. They take their sport very seriously and have an excellent group of sports teachers headed by the formidable (but brilliant) Mr Hudson who is much respected amongst the boys. Expect to lose him on a Saturday morning to Woollams the sports ground as he will undoubtedly be playing one sport or another. If you're in the team, your're in the team and there's no getting out of it! The camaradarie on the touchlines amongst the parents is also great. Academically, all the boys there are bright and they are pushed. The GCSE choices are solid subjects - something to look out for as some schools offer a wide selection of softer options at GCSE. Fee paying is obviously the downside, if you think you can manage the fees without crippling yourselves, you might regret it if you don't send him there...
If you want a con - the only thing I can think of is my son says the lunches aren't great and there are queues. That's probably just him not wanting to waste time and get out and kick a ball around though - his friends seem to get on with it without moaning....
Amber

Post by Amber »

my son says the lunches aren't great and there are queues.
Hoo, well there are no other schools like that in the country - most kids just love the school dinners! Definitely look elsewhere! :lol:
Whatdoufeel

Re: St Albans boys

Post by Whatdoufeel »

Have the letters been sent out by st Albans boys for 2011 11+ interviews?
Amber wrote:
my son says the lunches aren't great and there are queues.

Hoo, well there are no other schools like that in the country - most kids just love the school dinners! Definitely look elsewhere! :lol: