Christs Hospital delayed results

Independent Schools as an alternative to Grammar

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
pickly

Post by pickly »

Letter came today, have a place at CH, they did really well to get them out so quickly and before the final date that they gave.....so now we just need to make our decision between the scholarhip at the indie and CH. I have to say I keep reading the unofficial CH forum and continue to be alarmed about talk of large fee increases with no increase in income from the parents. Can anyone else shed light on this one please?
T.i.p.s.y

Post by T.i.p.s.y »

Congratulations pickly. What indie do you have to accept/reject?
CHmum

Post by CHmum »

Congratulations to your DC pickly! :D I've sent you a pm.
nissi

Post by nissi »

wll done plckey and picklet!
We ae yet to recieve our letter.... :?
barwen

Post by barwen »

Does any one know if letters have been sent out for children who are trying for a place at C.H. in year 9 at age 13 ? :?
2010 mum

Post by 2010 mum »

Hello everyone, would like to say that it has been a very long and hard journey for DD and I.

I am glad to say that it has paid off. DD got into CH and a grammar school. We have decided to opt for the grammar(reasons purely financial)and the grammar is a very good one.

I would like to say a big thank you to everyone on this forum, the moderators and especially to CHmum. This forum is an enormous source of wealth in relation to 11+ information. I know I am addicted to it and will keep browsing each day and be back again in a couple of years for DD2 11+ prep.

Best wishes to those about to embark on the journey as well as best wishes to parent preparing for appeals and congrstulations to those who got their wishes.

Thank you all
Thanks... 2010mum
pickly

Post by pickly »

Congratulations on the place at CH. I am just wondering if you have had the 'full pack' yet. We had our offer of a place last week but yet to receive anything else. Imagine they will want to be fairly quick as it contains the acceptance letter to return.
2010 mum

Post by 2010 mum »

Hello Pickly, congratulations and no i have not received my pack yet only the letter, but as we have decided against CH, it is not of great urgency to me in receiving the pack. CH was always for me a backup if DD did not get a grammar place.

Have you called them yet, so as to have an idea when you are likely to receive it.
Thanks... 2010mum