Hello again! and Good Luck

Independent Schools as an alternative to Grammar

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
hermanmunster

Re: Hello again! and Good Luck

Post by hermanmunster »

zorro wrote:At my son's school about 20 boys joined the school in Y9 - they took the 13+ . I think it's a good time to start a new school as they are a bit more mature. I would definitely consider this option.
that is certainly a good sized group to start a school and it will be quickly forgotten that they are "the new boys"
doodles

Post by doodles »

Hi Suey, I think there quite a lot of movement in the indie sector in yr9. Even if some have started into Yr7 a lot leave their prep schools at the end of Yr8 and start secondary school in Yr9. In fact my DS was in the minority leaving his prep at the end of Yr6.
W14mum

Post by W14mum »

Many thanks Suey12 for the good wishes... I come back to this forum from time to time to reassure myself... so nice to read your note. My DS is sitting three independents (on 13th, 15th and 17th!) and a couple of state sector banding tests (you never know!).

I can not wait for all of it to be over!!

Suey12 wrote:Just thought I'd drop by and wish Good Luck to all pupils taking entrance exams this coming month.

This time last year it was our turn, so I do know how you are all feeling :shock:

As we learned, things may not always turn out how you expect, but for most people I think there is a happy ending.

(I'm getting stressed, just remembering all the emotions we went through !!!).

Hang on in there :D
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now