CLSB

Independent Schools as an alternative to Grammar

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Dad1729

Re: CLSB

Post by Dad1729 »

ClappedOutMum wrote:
I would have thought (but its a guess only) that they don't interview that many more than offers they will make. My thinking being that by that stage they know the boy is bright enough for what they want, and all they are doing is to make sure he has got minimum social skills and a little bit of articulation (and most will so why interview too many more).

Or am I completely off?
I guess you're probably right. Although, I would have thought they will interview a few more to build up a waiting list in case acceptances don't repeat last year's record take up at 10+.
junonia

Post by junonia »

Now that letters re interviews will be coming out soon, does anyone know how many sat the 11+? And what percentage approx is interviewed? Thanks!
Dad1729

Post by Dad1729 »

junonia wrote:Now that letters re interviews will be coming out soon, does anyone know how many sat the 11+? And what percentage approx is interviewed? Thanks!
They have said it was a record year for the number of applicants - so based on last year's figures, I guess that means at least nearly 500 will have sat the main 11+ exam. Last year, I understand that they interviewed just under half who did the exam - around 200.
simon

Post by simon »

yes and I reckon that they make 150 - 180 offers
ClappedOutMum

Post by ClappedOutMum »

simon wrote:yes and I reckon that they make 150 - 180 offers
But they only have 60 11+ places? Seems a lot of offers.

Still curious to know if anyone knows how many sat the 10+ this year....
Dad1729

Post by Dad1729 »

ClappedOutMum wrote:
simon wrote:yes and I reckon that they make 150 - 180 offers
But they only have 60 11+ places? Seems a lot of offers.
I think that because CLS is more generous with scholarships than some other schools, there are some that apply in the hope of getting one, but if they don't succeed will choose a more local school. Consequently, CLS probably has a lower acceptance rate of non-scholarship 11+ offers than some other schools.
Aquamarine

Post by Aquamarine »

They told me on the door 180 for 10+ and 500 for 11+. Yikes!
ClappedOutMum

Post by ClappedOutMum »

Aquamarine wrote:They told me on the door 180 for 10+ and 500 for 11+. Yikes!
Oh dear. Feeling very despondent now. :( There are so few 10+ places around (or schools that do that entry) that I imagine for many of those 180, there is only one choice (this choice).

Ah well. Friday can't come soon enough so at least can move on if bad news.
shaded

Post by shaded »

ClappedOutMum wrote:There are so few 10+ places around (or schools that do that entry) that I imagine for many of those 180, there is only one choice (this choice).

Wow 180 candidates at 10+ :shock: Oh well we will know one way or the other come friday/saturday. Good luck all.
agathachristie

Post by agathachristie »

Best of luck to everyone waiting... Wish they emailed the results rather than waiting for the post...
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now