Bancrofts and Forest Schools - any experience?

Independent Schools as an alternative to Grammar

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
elimu

Re: Bancrofts and Forest Schools - any experience?

Post by elimu »

It is very unfortunate that reputable organisations like Bancroft's can be let down by their foot soldiers who are the first point of contact for fee paying parents. If only the admissions team at Bancroft's had shown us an iota of empathy and understanding (especially after being told my wife and DD (who was at home ill) were in tears when they heard the conversation on the speakerphone), and if they had given us an inkling of hope or assured us that the the matter would be referred to the head, we would not have found ourselves in the helpless and dire situation we did. Instead, they usurped power and authority and displayed it in their extremely callous word and tone and were condescending by saying they were not responsible for Royal Mail and our DD would be put on the waiting list until September and that they were not prepared to further the conversation and would be hanging up the phone. They further twisted the knife and I quote "THERE IS NOTHING WE CAN DO". They probably didn't realise the damage they were inflicting on the B brand. Any parent who finds themselves in such a position would abhor the uncertainty created and would seek to urgently fill the void. The response to my email from the Head at Bancroft's giving us hope that SOMETHING COULD INDEED BE DONE (for which we are thankful) would come too late - the proverbial horse had bolted. In contrast, when we contacted Forest the personnel showed caring and empathy and although the deadline was past would still consider enrolling our DD. This gave us relief beyond imagination and a decision was made for us.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now