preparation for Habs girls

Independent Schools as an alternative to Grammar

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

leanmeamum

Re: preparation for Habs girls

Post by leanmeamum »

I think it is completely subjective as each child id different. Mu daughter never had any tutoring/coaching/parental help, etc (whatever you want to call it) but came out with flying colours both in her GCSE and IB. She got scholarships at top indies and turned down Habs and HB among others. She did not need any help with the entrance exams or interviews for any schools.

My son is equally clever but will not do anything off his own back - he has to be pushed/guided and helped to get anything done. Even for his 11+ he had to be tutored/coached/helped by parents, etc. Left to his own devices, he will not do anything - even homework is rushed with minimal effort so he can play.

These have the same genes, environment, incentives but both are different. All parents know their child and need to see what level of help they need to achieve their potential.
One_Shot

Post by One_Shot »

future wrote:Can someone please differentiate for me the terms - coaching, tutoring, prepping, practicing papers. Is it all not the same thing, worded and interpreted differently. Surely if you are due to have an exam, you study abd prepare for it. Just like you would do for a driving test or an interview. Am I being naive here?
Tutoring and overpreparation is defined as what other's children do and no preparation is defined as what one's children do :wink:
future

Post by future »

one_shot. My exact sentiments :lol:
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now