St Helen's interviews ... Any news ?

Independent Schools as an alternative to Grammar

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Daogroupie

Re: St Helen's interviews ... Any news ?

Post by Daogroupie »

That is interesting. Any reason why they did not apply for City,NLCS or Habs if they are so able?
NLMum27

Post by NLMum27 »

Has anyone who didn't sit at St Helen's heard from the school yet please? Sorry, I have a nervous daughter who keeps asking me, as some of her friends have had a call. Thank you.
CandyCrush

Post by CandyCrush »

The strong candidates (who actually sat the paper at St Helen's) are invited for immediate interview by telephone.

My daughter was one of these last year and was offered a scholarship.

I got 20 minutes with the headmistress whilst my DD was interviewed. There were quite a lot of academic questions which, with the benefit of hindsight, indicated it was a scholarship interview.

We have been very impressed with the St Helen's. The headmistress (Dr Mary Short) is excellent and has big plans for the school. They received 9 Oxbridge offers last week which reflects the excellent teaching and the improvements Dr Short has introduced since becoming head.
SleepyHead

Post by SleepyHead »

When do they start to contact other children for interview - without scholarship
CandyCrush

Post by CandyCrush »

My DD's friend from her state primary school got invited to interview 10 days after the exam so some of this year's candidates won't get their call until the 27th or 28th January.

Last year, more girls accepted offers than they expected so an additional Year 7 form had to be created

It's a lovely school with some very talented girls - academic, sporty, musical and artistic. We're delighted!

Good luck to all those waiting to hear.
SleepyHead

Post by SleepyHead »

Thank you Candycrush - it's stressful waiting.
Well done to your DD last year :-)
JuliaM

Post by JuliaM »

Candycrush, did the girl you know who got a call 10 days after the exam get an offer? I hope that they do send letters soon not keep people hanging on for a call that might not come and send the rejection letters right at the end.
SleepyHead

Post by SleepyHead »

Yes wish there was just a single day when all results were out
Ess30

Post by Ess30 »

So a batch of candidates were called on Saturday....

.... and then what? Has there been a trickle of phonecalls? Or are people getting letters in the post/emails? Or has it gone quiet since Saturday?
NLMum27

Post by NLMum27 »

I know of another child who told my dd she was called yesterday. That child also sat at St Helen's.