King's College Wimbledon

Independent Schools as an alternative to Grammar

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Nikita76

Re: King's College Wimbledon

Post by Nikita76 »

Talking to a few moms, seems some kids were interviewed by 2 people and some only by one. Does anybody know why? Spending my time obsessing over the details, as I simply can't wait to get the results.

I figure it either means that he did well and just one person was need to speak to him.. Or, did so bad that would be in the reserve list in case some of the other kids weren't great in their interviews..

I'm going mad...
Nikita76

Post by Nikita76 »

Got the letter, waiting list...

Anybody know how likely is it to get a place if you are on the waiting list?

Thanks
Journey11

Post by Journey11 »

Nikita 76.. Is it for 11+ and 13+?
Nikita76

Post by Nikita76 »

11+
Journey11

Post by Journey11 »

Nikita 76..
I don't know much about the 11+. My son did the pretest for 13+ last year and will be starting in 2017. At 13+ they over offer and there is no waiting list. I don't know if they over offer at 11+. Did they give his number on waiting list?
Hopefully there will be some movement after the offer day in March. Do you have any other offers? All the best.
doingmybest

Post by doingmybest »

Its a whole different system this year with an enlarged entry straight into the senior school and not into KCJS as in previous years. Historically there hasn't been much movement on the WL but the entry was tiny so it may be different now. You'll just have to stay in contact and see what happens, hopefully lots of offers have been made to future Colet Court and WUS boys. Good Luck.
Womblemania

Post by Womblemania »

I suspect there will be some movement after national offers day as there will be some boys who have also sat for Tiffin and the Sutton Grammars. There will be an overlap between boys with grammar offers and KCS offers and some (not all though) will go for a grammar instead.

As a previous poster said, the entry this year is straight into the senior school and there are more places so what's happened in previous years is not relevant this time round. I think there is a good chance the WL will move this year - but not just yet.

Best of luck - it's a fabulous school. Can't fault it.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now