Reserve list for St Helen's

Independent Schools as an alternative to Grammar

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
anxious27

Reserve list for St Helen's

Post by anxious27 »

My DD is on reserve list for St Helen's. Does anyone know from past experience, how many do St Helen's put on reserve list and how many do they offer a place?
dadto4

Re: Reserve list for St Helen's

Post by dadto4 »

have a look at my reply regarding habs waiting list. I would have thought that this also applies to St Helen's. Good luck
Daogroupie

Post by Daogroupie »

I know of ten dds who got St Helen's offer this year and all but one will be turning them down for Habs or St Albans or NLCS so there should be at least nine places coming back next week and I hope you get one of them.

I suggest you write to St Helens letting them know that you will accept a place immediately if it offered to you.

Right now they don't know if the students that are on the waiting list have accepted places elsewhere. But if you let them know that you are waiting for a place then they will know to call you when one comes up.

DG
anxious27

Post by anxious27 »

Thank you dadto4 and Daogroupie for your replies. I've sent an email yesterday and I'll be calling them tomorrow. Daogroupie, your reply has given me high hopes. My DD will be very happy although I'm not going to say anything until I hear from the school. Fingers crossed.
dadto4

Post by dadto4 »

anxious27,just wondered if you'd heart yet from St. Helens. Am still waiting to hear from Habs. Have they started to offer from the reserve list yet?
anxious27

Post by anxious27 »

No, I haven't heard yet. I spoke to them today and I was told that they're going to call people from reserve list from Monday. Hoping to hear the good news.
dadto4

Post by dadto4 »

Such an agonising wait... I really hope I hear from Habs if at all before Monday, or else I will have to give a deposit to a school we don't want. We also didn't get our first choice state school today. Keep us posted, good luck.
twinklegraham

Post by twinklegraham »

We have just released our offer from St Helens as we have now accepted place at Habs Girls. Hoping there is positive news for DDs on waiting list.
marktheshark

Post by marktheshark »

We have just done the exact opposite. Accepted St. Helen's and released our place at Habs Girls
dadto4

Post by dadto4 »

Thank you everyone for letting us know.