any online resource for past pears with answers ?

Independent Schools as an alternative to Grammar

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Bigfriendlygiant

Re: any online resource for past pears with answers ?

Post by Bigfriendlygiant »

yoyo123 wrote:The small print, brought to you by your friendly mod team....the recommendation is by a single forum member, not Elenplusexams, other resources are available!
I would be very interested to know which other resources are available so please share with us if you know any. I will greatly appreciate. There seemed to be none when I asked for help with answers to comprehensions some time ago on the forum, so I thought sharing my find would be useful for other parents. As a parent and a SINGLE forum member I would be happy to hear what resources other parents found useful, and judge for myself rather than have the decision made for me.
yoyo123

Post by yoyo123 »

There are plenty of other resources on the market, although my reply was tongue in cheek. Several people suggested that the resource you recommended was not grammatically correct. It was also noted that the book had only recently been published. The decision to remove the link was made, as explained, because the grammatical errors had not been resolved, it was removed temporarily .
Walthams

Post by Walthams »

Could admin or someone else please repost the link to the book recommended in this post? I'd like to check it out and don't know how to find it. We are diying for January exams so not much time left. Every little helps. Thanks so much.
kenyancowgirl

Post by kenyancowgirl »

I understand that it was a book that appeared to have a number of grammatical errors, plus had only just been published so there was a slight question mark over the validity of the recommendation (ie how had they used it so much if it was only published the day before?) There are plenty of other resources, including the ones available in this forum's online shop.
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

At least the apostrophes have returned to their rightful home now, both in the blurb and on the cover. Wonder how much the recall cost? Surely the publisher wouldn't just have had Amazon doctor the image of the book's cover?
Last edited by ToadMum on Mon Nov 20, 2017 6:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
mike1880

Post by mike1880 »

On the one hand Amazon Kindle has opened up publishing to the masses and democratised authorship to a previously undreamed of degree. On the other hand most of us can't write and probably shouldn't try.

https://kdp.amazon.com/en_US/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Walthams

Post by Walthams »

Could anyone kindly let me know the link or at least the title please?
I don't see any harm in checking it out. I understand there was an error on the cover but did anyone check out the content? New or not, we don't have time to wait for reviews as after January it's going to be all over for us.
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

Surely you'd rather use tried and tested resources? I did 'look inside' and was underwhelmed.
Have you looked at old KS2 level 6 papers or even old KS3 papers? They are freely available with answers. I can post links if you can't find them.
kenyancowgirl

Post by kenyancowgirl »

If you are struggling to teach your child English and are that desperate for resource help, probably best to use Guest55s advice than some book that a) had obvious poor errors and b) was recommended by one person, who may, or may not, have been the author trying to advertise the book at the most and, at the least hadn't noticed the errors.

The mods have done you a favour removing the link!
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

Walthams wrote:Could anyone kindly let me know the link or at least the title please?
I don't see any harm in checking it out. I understand there was an error on the cover but did anyone check out the content? New or not, we don't have time to wait for reviews as after January it's going to be all over for us.
Why don't you pm Bigfriendlygiant and get the details from him / her, since s/he was the member who recommended the text in the first place?
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now