Does NLCS waiting list move?

Independent Schools as an alternative to Grammar

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

scary mum

Re: Does NLCS waiting list move?

Post by scary mum »

I think at the age of 10 we often have to do what we believe is best for both our children and the wider family.
The likelihood is that she will be happy at any of these fabulous schools. One of mine wanted to go to a particular school because of the snacks they served at the open evening :roll: .
I really do think at this stage we have to be the adults. By the time they are (for example) choosing their GCSEs I believe they should have a say, with a guiding hand from the adults, rather than "you must do these subjects because we've always had a burning desire for you to go to Oxbridge/be a doctor or whatever".
scary mum
corpuscallosum

Post by corpuscallosum »

Agree with a lot of your points scarymum.
Rumour has it that CLSG has the best food from the ones we are considering and also my favourite uniform.
Funnily, the last academic decision my parents made for me was the secondary school one. It didn't go in my favour. The other school had such hip and cool looking girls but they only accepted 2 children from a family (who knows why!) and we were 3 kids, so off we went to a stricter and more regimented school. However, after that my siblings and I were allowed and made every single decision and benefitted massively from that freedom and independence. So I see the lure of City only if it was 13+ it would be so much less fraught. Just don't want to mess this up for my girl.
Wearedone

Post by Wearedone »

NLCS called us yesterday but we have accepted another offer and didn’t really want NLCS .
I also know a few who have turn down their offers so those of you who want NLCS , hopefully you get a call and an offer ! Good luck
sausagedog

Post by sausagedog »

Has anyone else had calls from NLCS/SHHS/Habs re waiting lists yet? Wondering how long to hang on before accepting another school. Monday at 11:59?
corpuscallosum

Post by corpuscallosum »

Thank you wearedone for letting us know that the NLCS waiting list is moving. Where did you all decide to go?
We haven't heard from them yet but with the deadlines for Habs & CLSG looming earlier this week we have paid the deposit Habs.
Justanothergirl

Post by Justanothergirl »

I believe that Habs has a 14 day refund window so hang in there (unless you are happy with your choice, in which case congratulations)!
corpuscallosum

Post by corpuscallosum »

They do indeed! I think if we got NLCS I would say a yes because my daughter is much keener on NLCS than Habs and I can't disappoint her again after not going with City. I am OK with forgoing the deposit if after 14days.
Wearedone

Post by Wearedone »

Hi @corpuscallosum
What did you choose at the end?
corpuscallosum

Post by corpuscallosum »

We haven't heard back from NLCS so I think Habs it is. I know she is expectant since she asks me everyday as soon as I am back home from work. I know she will shine no matter where she goes but I do feel for her. If she is not happy at Habs for whatever reason and wants to change there will be other entry points at later stages.
Wearedone

Post by Wearedone »

If she goes to Habs she will meet my daughter . We chose Habs and love it
I know lots of really lovely girls going there so I’m sure your daughter will be happy regardless
I wish you what you want but if not maybe we get to meet you at some point