How Quiet!

Independent Schools as an alternative to Grammar

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
zorro

Post by zorro »

Hopeforthebest,
I bottled it!
Will give them a few more days to get exams over, also don't want to be perceived as neurotic pushy parent!
Will keep you posted!
T.i.p.s.y

Post by T.i.p.s.y »

zorro wrote:Hopeforthebest,
I bottled it!
Will give them a few more days to get exams over, also don't want to be perceived as neurotic pushy parent!
Will keep you posted!
Zorro, I bet dozens of parents have called - don't worry, its the office staff who have thick skins and won't even remember you called after 5 minutes. :)
surreymum

Post by surreymum »

I wouldn't hesitate to call. Exams won't be over for ages, but it will be a different person dealing with admissions from exams.

You are a paying customer and those fees buy a little courtesy and indulgence.

The only 2 pieces of post I have ever actually known to be lost were both from our local independent school-one inviting eldest ds to exam and the other inviting younger sibling to scholarship assessment. If I hadn't summoned up the courage to ring we would have missed them.

It would take them less than a minute to say we're sending them out next week and then all you have to say is thank you and they will never remember you!

Pick up the phone tomorrow!
perplexed

Post by perplexed »

Yeah - why is everyone so scared of school office staff? Who cares? If it were me and I did not get a satisfactory answer from the school office, I'd ask to speak to the headmaster/mistress, or write them a letter direct.

There must be people who still back out at this stage and lose their deposit, so you should still be at the honeymoon stage where they should be lovely to you.

Good luck.
zorro

Post by zorro »

Ok surreymum and perplexed- I WILL DO IT!!!! TOMORROW!
Thanks!
zorro

Post by zorro »

Rang school this morning- straight through to voicemail so left message.
Had message on my answerphone this afternoon saying that we will be receiving an information pack in June and next week will receive an invite to a get-together also in June.
At least I know now that we haven't missed any correspondence!
T.i.p.s.y

Post by T.i.p.s.y »

Glad you're still on their mailing list! :wink:
surreymum

Post by surreymum »

Well done. You can put your mind at rest now :)
zorro

Post by zorro »

Yes thanks! DS just wants to know which house he will be in- apparently they allocate them in (guess!) yes- June!
June is obviously a very busy month@Aldenham as it's also Open Day and Visitation Day!
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now