Would you go through it again at 13+?

Independent Schools as an alternative to Grammar

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Thea

Post by Thea »

I mean being the 'new boy' is not a good thing - and September always has a 'new boy feeling about it (I hate it still even now after all these years @ work , still feels to me like a new school year!)
Best Regards,
Thea
zorro

Post by zorro »

Yes, but at least in September everyone is a new boy/ girl!!
T.i.p.s.y

Post by T.i.p.s.y »

I think Thea means if you are starting a school and will only be one of a handful of new boys/girls.
PapaM

Post by PapaM »

Tipsy/hermanmunster/zorro et al

thanks for your postings guys...

We are looking at the option of 2nd sittings now....I will also need to find out about CE as I know nothing about that process!

Once I have some info, will be meeting school...must admit, having re-read my earlier post, it does seem i 'stuck up' for them a bit too much cos i have also been thinking they should be doing more, regardless of my error...but, i will see what they do this week, when we know which schools will be doing late entry sitting

tipsy/zorro: will pm u tomorrow - better try and get some sleep right now...

once again, thanks all for ur input
PapaM
Reader

Post by Reader »

PapaM,
You should have an idea from this forum whether you have a chance of QE at all or not. Hope you are focusing on the next alternative, which might be independent judging from your post? Should be easier to try for a late sitting this year. Have you tried Belmont? MT have a bus to Mill Hill, I have heard.
Should be options for you, possibly Lochinver too though that would be only to 13. Appreciate that these are £££ and QE is not, though. Wish you the best of luck. Also you might be able to join the waiting lisits for Enfield or Herts schools despite being from Barnet e.g. Mount Grace, Hertswood etc., though don't know anything about them. I assume you got allocated another preference school? Is is just not one you would consider?
zorro

Post by zorro »

Sorry to be ignorant but what are 'late sittings'? I thought that if you hadn't registered in time to take the exams then that was that.
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

Hi Zorro

This happens in state and independent sector, kids who haven't taken the 11 plus first time round (either they didn't live in the area or it wasn't an option or whatever) are sometimes allowed to sit the 11 plus later - I know Lancaster arrangea late sitting - usually for tose who have moved and also North Yorks will arrange similar. It is only for kids who haven't already taken it - not another bite at the cherry.

re Indies - they are keen to fill places and as places get turned down after all the results from other indies and state allocations are through, they are often keen to see kids and have either formal or informal assessment sessions.

reckon it varies from place to place.
zorro

Post by zorro »

Thanks Hermanmunster! :oops:
Reader

Post by Reader »

Yes, mainly indies particularly this year due to the crunch, even popular ones might have late sittings depending on the numbers declining.
T.i.p.s.y

Post by T.i.p.s.y »

Can anyone give me information on this late sitting for QE boys? I have tried to look online but cannot find the info, thanks.