NFER Testing of Maths and English Year 3

Key Stages 1-2 and SATs advice

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
scary mum

Re: NFER Testing of Maths and English Year 3

Post by scary mum »

All the good looking ones are in Gloucestershire though.
I'm sure it's true!
I always thought that maybe the school made this rather odd statement as some kind of weapon against the parents - "120? Ah yes, Mrs Scary, your DC isn't quite as clever as you think she is". I often thought of asking them for the data to support it but somehow never got round to it :D
scary mum
Amber

Post by Amber »

scary mum wrote:
I'm sure it's true!
I always thought that maybe the school made this rather odd statement as some kind of weapon against the parents - "120? Ah yes, Mrs Scary, your DC isn't quite as clever as you think she is". I often thought of asking them for the data to support it but somehow never got round to it :D
"Move north west a bit, Mrs Scary...they're all thick as trees there. Gorgeous looking, but thick nonetheless."
scary mum

Post by scary mum »

Amber wrote:
scary mum wrote:
I'm sure it's true!
"Move north west a bit, Mrs Scary...they're all thick as trees there. Gorgeous looking, but thick nonetheless."
:lol: :lol: :lol:
scary mum
Lillie

Post by Lillie »

Thanks everyone for your replies. I read somewhere that the Bucks average for the VR 11 plus is 111. This is due to a number of reasons including significant numbers of independent school pupils sitting it who can be coached from year 3. Other reasons are lower achieving pupils being withdrawn. I'm sure Sally Anne or another of the Bucks moderators can explain this better than me but I believe there are reasons to explain this discrepancy.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now