When are sats this year?

Key Stages 1-2 and SATs advice

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
ginx

Re: When are sats this year?

Post by ginx »

My dd2 seems to perform better in tests than classwork. So she doesn't mind tests. But that probably is because she usually does well in them and she likes surprising teachers that she can do well. Just because she is quiet does not mean that she can't do well in tests. :)

Ds1 and dd1 loathe tests because they have to work hard for them and still don't do well in them. :( :(

Ds2 loves maths tests because he loves doing any maths - he finds it very easy. Any other kind of test and he is quick to moan.

They are all different.

I'm dreading SATS week as I presume key stages 1 and 2 are the same week, plus dd1 is doing GCSE RE. We're going to be aiming for lots of early nights. In previous years, school newsletters used to advice plenty of sleep and - orange juice!
Okanagan

Post by Okanagan »

KS1 is all teacher assessed this year, so they can do the task any time and there are no fixed dates except the phonics screening test w/c 17th June.
ginx

Post by ginx »

That is good news! I thought they had tests ... they are practising tests ... well, so I'm told. But ds2's teacher rarely seems to do anything with him, although she's given us predicted results and said she's going to "drag him up" to a higher level.

Do they do tests that are teacher assessed? Or is it just their work in general? Ds2 says he's done maths papers. He said that one was dated 2005, though, so I don't know how much I can believe him. He is only seven.
wonderwoman

Post by wonderwoman »

KS1 levels are teacher assessed, but test papers may be used to provide proof that a child is at a certain level. I don't think tests are produced every year, but it is a long time since I taught Y2. I assume normal classwork can inform teacher assessments.
My DD was completely unaware of having done any tests last year. And TBH it's not something I was bothered by either.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now