No Offer At All

Consult our experts on 11 Plus appeals or any other type of school appeal

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
WorriedSick

Post by WorriedSick »

Thank you to everyone for your kind messages. It helps quite a lot. Thank you Etienne for your reply. I am going thru the Q&A now.
inkypinkyponky

Post by inkypinkyponky »

Oh dear, sorry to hear about this, hope things are sorted soon. Did you want to tell us which county you're in, as someone from that county may be able to give some more advice?

Also, when making your preferences (note, not 'choices') did you make sensible decisions when putting down the schools?

I only ask because last year a friend took leave of her senses! Her son did not pass 11+ by 20 marks, yet for the 4 preferences, she insisted on putting 3 Grammars on the form. Her 4th preference was for a secondary school which has always taken from up to a 6 mile radius, yet she lives 20 miles away. She ignored all her local schools, yet was surprised when county could not give any of her preferences and allocated a local school she didn't want. Luckily she has a very amenable ex-husband who agreed to pay for a private school!

I therefore just wondered if your child had any reasonable expectation to get into the schools you put down, given that catchments can change and over-subscription criteria can also change, without parents having realised.

Good luck to you, let us know what happens.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now