11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
becs1

Re: For the appeals box

Post by becs1 »

Any news? ive still not heard!!x
panicattack!

Post by panicattack! »

Sorry I haven't put anything on here for awhile.... I was adjusting to the news! We lost our appeal and I was absolutely devastated and so was DS. Feel more confident enough to post a message today. :cry:

Thank you to everyone who replied to my messages, but particularly to the time given to me by UB... Capers123, Etienne, Tiredmum, YOU KNOW you all helped me tremendously and I am extremely grateful for that.

It was a process not for the fainthearted and one I wouldn't recommend to anyone!

Good luck everyone waiting for news and TRa12cy still having to go through it! :shock:

I will post feedback in a few days.
T12ACY

Post by T12ACY »

Sorry your news was not good. At least some of us can say we do know how you feel, and those who were able to get through will be full of admiration for you. It is not at all easy and actually devastating for a time. We are having one last go, and I am not confident but it was what DS wanted.

Am sure you will bounce back and your DC will benefit from your obvious supportive nature no matter where they are. x
Money can't buy you happiness, but it does bring you a more pleasant form of misery.
panicattack!

Post by panicattack! »

You have been very kind and I know you can emphathise with me. I hope some of the good luck and good fortune from others actually rubs off on your appeal. You are incredibly brave and a very good mum to put yourself through that ordeal for your DC and I admire you for that. Good luck and I keep everything crossed for you, and if I remember rightly you have weeks still to go. Big hug and good luck... I don't know if any of my paperwork will be handy. But I researched my monster within an inch of its life and on paper it looked brilliant ... tough panel and everything wrong about the hearing is what messed it up for me but pm me if there is anything I can do to help.

X
Tolstoy

Post by Tolstoy »

So sorry to hear this news Panicattack as I was really rooting for you. It is a hard thing to have to deal with but things do work out in the end. All the best for you and your son his future will still be bright.
dejavu

Post by dejavu »

Oh Panicattack - I was really holding out for you and am so sorry about your outcome and really feel for you. You really tried your best, and covered ALL bases. Don't beat yourself up about it. Pm me if it helps - or go and get that wine and chocolate!
many thanks
dejavu
becs1

Post by becs1 »

oh hon so sorry. You should be proud to know that you done everything you could and did not give up. Its sad because really its the luck of the draw some win,some lose. Your DS must be proud of you and you really can hold your head up high and be proud of yourself. Sending you lots of cyber hugs,wine and chocs.

Becsxxxx
Etienne

Post by Etienne »

So sorry, panicattack!

You did your best - no one can do more.

Stay strong for your son.
Etienne
U400JB9

Post by U400JB9 »

I`m so devastated for you panicattack! You had a good strong case but such a difficult appeal.....harder than anyones I think, you were really up against it.

Like I said to you before. I really think DS will go on to achieve great things wherever he is as he has you fighting in his corner......not many children are that lucky, and he is incredibly bright.

So difficult, but hang in there for DS...and stay in touch.****
Fluffy66

Post by Fluffy66 »

I'm feeling for you right now panicattak. Devastating news for your family which will take time to recover from.

I'm thinking cry, give your DS a big squeasy hug and then spend a few hours tomorrow doing something all together - something really nice.

xx
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now