presentation for appeal

Consult our experts on 11 Plus appeals or any other type of school appeal

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Alex

Post by Alex »

John,

I forgot to say that it might be sensible to find out either from the school or from the admissions department at the LA how far away from the school the last person to get in on the allocations lived. You will get this information anyway with your appeal papers before the hearing, but it would be good to know it in advance. If you live nearer than that person you can, if the appeal against non-qualification succeeds, argue that you would definitely have got a place had you been included in the allocations and that in all fairness you should get one now; if you live further away you have much more of an uphill struggle in the second part.
mum63

Distance from Bourne Grammar

Post by mum63 »

Alex wrote:John,

I forgot to say that it might be sensible to find out either from the school or from the admissions department at the LA how far away from the school the last person to get in on the allocations lived. You will get this information anyway with your appeal papers before the hearing, but it would be good to know it in advance. If you live nearer than that person you can, if the appeal against non-qualification succeeds, argue that you would definitely have got a place had you been included in the allocations and that in all fairness you should get one now; if you live further away you have much more of an uphill struggle in the second part.
FYI John M & Alex : I have contacted the LEA re. the the above info.

I was informed that the furthest distance child allocated a place lived 9.5km from Bourne Grammar. Hope this helps!
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now