Go to navigation
It is currently Fri Apr 16, 2021 10:25 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Kent Test Appeal
PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 3:33 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed May 03, 2017 10:31 pm
Posts: 8
Hi

My DD's TOTAL MARK was 348 in Kent Test.

Pass mark for each subject is 106 and due to 1 mark in English, DD was deemed not selective for a grammar school.

**Is there any chance of DD getting into DGGS through appeal process, as DS already is in DGS( although sibling policy only applies to sister in school)? Will evidence of both going to and fro from school together, help with the appeal, as schools are beside each other? If yes what evidence do I need to show for this?

DD's attainment in year 5 are as follows:-
Reading:- At expected level.
Writing:- Above expected level.
Mathematics:- Above expected level.

Are these strong enough evidences to win at the appeal? Or I need much more?

Pls note we have recently just moved into catchment, so in the process of moving her primary school to a school beside the house through appeal also, as little sibling already in school. Would this move affect the secondary school appeal, just in case she is offered a place in the new primary school.

Your advice would be highly appreciated as I'm in a confused state now.

Warm Regards


Last edited by Tolu on Wed Oct 18, 2017 2:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Kent Test Appeal
PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 7:50 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Dec 12, 2005 6:26 pm
Posts: 8514
Welcome to Appeals! :)

Tolu wrote:
**Is there any chance of DD getting into DGGS through appeal process, as DS already is in DGS( although sibling policy only applies to sister in school)? Will evidence of both going to and fro from school together, help with the appeal, as schools are beside each other?
It would be nice, and it would be convenient - but how would you turn this into a compelling argument?

See the Q&As:
"How do I argue against the fact that my preferred school is oversubscribed?"
http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/appeal ... -school#c2

"What are my chances at appeal?"
http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/appeals/general#a36

"How can I find out about the previous success rate of appeals?"
http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/appeals/general#a39

Quote:
DD's attainment in year 5 are as follows:-
Reading:- At expected level.
Writing:- Above expected level.
Mathematics:- Above expected level.

Are these strong enough evidences to win at the appeal? Or I need much more?
How far above the expected level?
More evidence is likely to be needed, I would suggest.

Read the Q&As:
"What academic evidence might I need?"
http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/appeal ... cation#b11

Quote:
Pls note we have recently just moved into catchment, so in the process of moving her primary school to a school beside the house through appeal also, as little sibling already in school. Would this move affect the secondary school appeal, just in case she is offered a place in the new primary school.
I hope this isn't an infant class size appeal?
https://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/appea ... aneous#e31
It would be logistically convenient to have the children close together, but just how prejudicial would any alternative arrangement be? Might the consequences be so severe as to outweigh the prejudice to the school if it is required to cope with an extra pupil?

Lots of reading to do.
Start here.

Once you've finished reading, if you still have unanswered questions, do please let us know.

_________________
Etienne


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Kent Test Appeal
PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 1:36 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed May 03, 2017 10:31 pm
Posts: 8
Dear Etienne,

Thank you so much for taking time to reply my message, would go through all the details and shout out if I need any more help.

Just to reply to your question regarding the infant class, my little Ds is in year 3 and has secured a place in the new primary school, but my DD with the 11+ appeal is the one I'm trying to secure a place for in year 6 in the primary school close to home. So technically I would be have to lodge two appeals on her behalf, one for the primary school space, and the other for the Grammar school space in September 2018.

Regards
Tolu


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Privacy Policy | Refund Policy | Disclaimer | Copyright © 2004 – 2021