Invigilators report - disturbance in hall

Consult our experts on 11 Plus appeals or any other type of school appeal

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

NorthLondonMummy

Invigilators report - disturbance in hall

Post by NorthLondonMummy »

Sorry in advance.., I may be writing in the wrong place but would like to know this:

RE: disturbance during 11plus exam - sports hall

Do I need to ask the school in question about any record on invigilator’s report?If so, is now too early or do I wait for April? Is my child's 'word' enough?

School will not release the raw marks? Can I ask GL?

Please PM me, for further elaboration. I think it was the reason for a non-qualifying score .
Here's a related item:
"For example, if there was a minor disturbance during the test, but no evidence in the invigilator’s report, I suggest it’s best to say little or nothing about this in your written submission or in your presentation. Someone is almost certain to ask during the Question & Answer session whether anything might have affected the 11+ result, at which point you can provide a brief explanation, adding: “I wasn’t sure how much this could be taken into account as there doesn’t seem to be any hard evidence ….. I do understand that some distractions in an exam room full of 10 year olds is inevitable …..”
mad?

Re: Invigilators report - disturbance in hall

Post by mad? »

I have moved your post to its own thread as it is easier to keep a track of what is being asked/answered this way. The more information you post on the open forum the easier it is for us to help, and the more helpful it is to others. If you have a look here https://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum ... 35&t=35032" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; part of your question might be answered, but otherwise if you could elaborate a bit then I'm sure someone will be along to help shortly.
mad?
NorthLondonMummy

Thank you
Etienne

Post by Etienne »

NorthLondonMummy wrote:Do I need to ask the school in question about any record on invigilator’s report?
Yes.
If so, is now too early or do I wait for April?
Now is not too early.
Is my child's 'word' enough?
No! :(
School will not release the raw marks? Can I ask GL?
Yes, you could try a Subject Access Request (SAR).
If the school has a copy of the raw marks in its possession, you could serve a Subject Access Request on them too.
https://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/appea ... cation#b47" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
There are a limited number of grounds on which a SAR could be refused, such as commercial confidentiality.
Etienne
NorthLondonMummy

Thank you

Are Appeal solicitors or any other representative available - what's the way of finding them?
Etienne

Post by Etienne »

Are Appeal solicitors or any other representative available
We wouldn't normally recommend this.

https://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/appeals/general#a11" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Etienne
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now