Advice : administration error on parents part?

Consult our experts on 11 Plus appeals or any other type of school appeal

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
kenyancowgirl

Re: Advice : administration error on parents part?

Post by kenyancowgirl »

They might offer guidance but they cannot influence the application procedure which is administered on their behalf by the LEA...otherwise they open themselves up for more complaints/appeals!

Scary mum is right, of course, your appeal would have to focus a) on academic ability (which is relatively easy given her score and b) why that particular school. Whilst its great that she is also good at music and sport, it has very little bearing (if any) on an appeal to an academic Grammar School.
Amber

Post by Amber »

Hera wrote: Those were my thoughts. Also OP have you contacted the school directly to explain the situation as they may be able to give you some guidance.
That is what I would do. And maybe cry!
kenyancowgirl wrote:They might offer guidance but they cannot influence the application procedure which is administered on their behalf by the LEA
I think they are an academy (where isn't? :roll: ) which possibly makes things easier in this regard as they will be responsible for their own admissions. Maybe?
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

kenyancowgirl wrote:They might offer guidance but they cannot influence the application procedure which is administered on their behalf by the LEA...otherwise they open themselves up for more complaints/appeals!

Scary mum is right, of course, your appeal would have to focus a) on academic ability (which is relatively easy given her score and b) why that particular school. Whilst its great that she is also good at music and sport, it has very little bearing (if any) on an appeal to an academic Grammar School.
OP, presumably you have now provided all the required proof of address?
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
Etienne

Post by Etienne »

scary mum wrote:
support from all areas of life - talented musician, sports as well as academic
My understanding is that you need to focus on why this is the right school for your DD. She has proved herself academically but I don't think a show of music certificates or sporting achievements will be relevant, unless to show she has a particular interest in something this school offers.
Agreed. A key issue for an appeal would be not what she could contribute to the school, but why this would be the right school for her.

Please do read the Q&As, e.g. https://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/appea ... school#c21" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Etienne
JamesDean

Post by JamesDean »

Admissions to all Warks GS are done through the local authority, who also administer the 11+.

JD
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now