What is a strong case appeal for an over-subcribed school?

Consult our experts on 11 Plus appeals or any other type of school appeal

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Bexley Mum 2

Post by Bexley Mum 2 »

Etienne - I don't know if this information is already available on the forum, but it would be interesting to see the success rates for appeals in different areas. The figures you mention for successful appeals in Oxfordshire and Slough are very high compared with those here in Bexley. The last complete set of figures that I can lay my hands on for appeals in Bexley are from 2006. 76 appeals were heard for the 4 grammars in the borough and two were succesful. My impression is that a child must have a really exceptional case to be successful here, compared with other areas where being able to demonstrate underperformance on the day might be enough.

It worries me that people asking for views on the likely success of an appeal in areas with low success rates might be encouraged to appeal by well-meaning people from areas where appeals have a much higher success rate. I know it's information people can get from their LEA but I do think it's important to keep reminding people, as you have just done, that what will consititute a successful appeal in one part of the country, won't in another.
Etienne

Post by Etienne »

Dear Bexley Mum 2

Q&As, A6b

This will lead to a table in excel format.

Regards

PS. No separate figures for grammar schools, I'm afraid.
Etienne
langley/mum

Post by langley/mum »

Hi to Hilda and thank for your ideas and thoughts.
Un-fortunately or fortunately both the schools are within walking distance.

Also I do appreciate the chance's may be pretty slim but I've got to give it a go!

LM XX
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now