To Appeal - as My son has failed Kent test by 2 marks

Consult our experts on 11 Plus appeals or any other type of school appeal

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

gabriel.tundy

To Appeal - as My son has failed Kent test by 2 marks

Post by gabriel.tundy »

Desperately looking for help from parents, as my DS has scored 346 in Kent test which is above the minimum required which is 332, however he has not met the minimum for English - he scored 106 but needed 108 to pass. Hence we are in a situation where we need to appeal after Mar 1st 2023. Anybody else in this situation? My son is bright boy and in school the predicted scores for English is GDS. We are meeting the head teacher next week as to why he didn't appeal before the results and if he can help with a letter when we appeal in March '23.

We are outside catchment and live in Orpington - Our question is in the CAF form if we put Tunbridge Wells Grammar School for boys (TWGSB) and win the appeal, will we get offered a place in the school. What is the cut-off required for TWGSB and what is the distance they go upto as Orpington is 20 miles from Tunbridge campus and 9 miles from Sevenoaks campus?

Maths - 118 - Raw score - 17
English - 106 - Raw score - 15
Reasoning - 122 - Raw score - 55

Any inputs/help will be much appreciated.

Thank you.
scary mum

Re: To Appeal - as My son has failed Kent test by 2 marks

Post by scary mum »

Please could you still to one thread otherwise things will get lost. I'll lock the other one as this is probably the best place for it.
scary mum
gabriel.tundy

Post by gabriel.tundy »

scary mum wrote:Please could you still to one thread otherwise things will get lost. I'll lock the other one as this is probably the best place for it.
Sure thank you
gabriel.tundy

Post by gabriel.tundy »

scary mum wrote:Please could you still to one thread otherwise things will get lost. I'll lock the other one as this is probably the best place for it.
My question is more on if a Kent school (TWGSB) will give a place to outside catchment if we appeal. Hence i thought it needs to be in Kent forum as well, as in general appeals forum parents wouldnt know of the kent school.
MARC1

Post by MARC1 »

gabriel.tundy wrote:
My question is more on if a Kent school (TWGSB) will give a place to outside catchment if we appeal. Hence i thought it needs to be in Kent forum as well, as in general appeals forum parents wouldnt know of the kent school.
TWGSB has come out to Orpington. So yes, you would or at least there is a possibility of a place if successful at appeal. It is unlikely to get to Orpington on 1 March or the second round of allocations. More likely around June, however the caveat would be that last year's situation could be different to this years.
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

gabriel.tundy wrote:
the key really is the appealing process where there will be advice about how that works - this is basically the same across the country.
gabriel.tundy

Post by gabriel.tundy »

MARC1 wrote:
gabriel.tundy wrote:
TWGSB has come out to Orpington. So yes, you would or at least there is a possibility of a place if successful at appeal. It is unlikely to get to Orpington on 1 March or the second round of allocations. More likely around June, however the caveat would be that last year's situation could be different to this years.
Ok, thank you for your response. Appreciate it.
gabriel.tundy

Post by gabriel.tundy »

hermanmunster wrote:
gabriel.tundy wrote:
the key really is the appealing process where there will be advice about how that works - this is basically the same across the country.
Thank you. How do i reach out
Etienne wrote: or
Ricky74 wrote: as i see lots of excellent comments from them on the appeal process.
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

Am sure Etienne will be around at some point, meantime have a read of the appeals FAQ - https://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/appeals" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
gabriel.tundy

Post by gabriel.tundy »

hermanmunster wrote:Am sure Etienne will be around at some point, meantime have a read of the appeals FAQ - https://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/appeals" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Thank you, appreciate it.