Cost: Judicial Review

Consult our experts on 11 Plus appeals or any other type of school appeal

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
MumofLu

Cost: Judicial Review

Post by MumofLu »

Hello

I wondering if anyone can help with guide prices to seek a judicial review - I appreciate this may be a how long is a piece of string question.

Seeing an education lawyer after half term and was hoping someone had some indicative prices before I make any firm decisions.

Thank you
hermanmunster

Re: Cost: Judicial Review

Post by hermanmunster »

I think the best person to ask would be the lawyer - suspect the costs could be high
MumofLu

Post by MumofLu »

Thanks for replying. I expect so but trying gauge how high having never considered anything like this previously. I read a previous sit relating to a group of parents and it merely mentioned deep pockets but want to assess if it will be prohibitively expensive. Although, my husband parents are offering to support. Don’t want to write too much about individual case in case the local authority in question lurks.
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

Have you gone through the appeal process?
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

Honestly don't know how much it would cost - I have googled and come up with various companies who quote figures but the unknown is always how much "the other sides" costs would be if you lost - they could spend +++ on barristers etc etc
Tinkers

Post by Tinkers »

As part of a group of parents, some 10+ years ago, we look at this and it was in the region of £10k then just to get started. It will obviously be even higher now.
MumofLu

Post by MumofLu »

hermanmunster wrote: Sat May 27, 2023 5:13 pm Have you gone through the appeal process?
Yes have gone through the process.
MumofLu

Post by MumofLu »

Tinkers wrote: Sat May 27, 2023 5:22 pm As part of a group of parents, some 10+ years ago, we look at this and it was in the region of £10k then just to get started. It will obviously be even higher now.
Yes I can imagine - eye-watering expense. I guess I take the lead from the lawyer about options.
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

good idea to chat to the lawyer, I think the other problem is the timescale as suspect things wouldn't happen very quickly
MumofLu

Post by MumofLu »

hermanmunster wrote: Sat May 27, 2023 5:26 pm good idea to chat to the lawyer, I think the other problem is the timescale as suspect things wouldn't happen very quickly
Yes and not helped by the foot dragging by the local authority. I believe they know it could get legal but they hope to kick it into the long grass as they say.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now